DISH sat Locations

amishboy

Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Ohio
Just had the DTV guy at my house and said no line of site. My question is, would I have LOS with DISH or are the sats at the same angles?

Go to Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com or click the link above (in the tabs) and enter your home address. Use the moving map to find your exactly location and you can even place the dish exactly where on your house you'd want it.

You can then look to see if you'd have reception. I believe it will also allow you to offset the height of the dish, if you mount it on the house vs a pole. So it can tell you what angle the sats will be and direction. You'll have to see if there are any trees or obstructions in the way.

ED: I noticed you are in ohio. In that case you have a choice of using the Eastern arc sats (61,65 series) or the Western Arc (110, 119, 129) like I am so it would only be a different style of dish they'd have to put up. 1000.2 for Western Arc or 1000.4 for Eastern (I think). So you've got twice the choices if they installer only had one of the 1000.x dishes with him, he probably only checked that arc.

Thanks, the 110 -129 is pretty blocked up with trees but it looks good for the 60 range. We will see what they say when they come out next week. Thanks again.

The Eastern Arc dish (1000.4) may very well work for you. It gets 61.5, 72 and 77 sats. from a SE view. I had a Western Arc dish (1000.2) for years until until LOS was no longer reliable in the summer because of large trees. Dish swapped me over to EA and no more problem. Good luck!

Ed

Just make sure when they call to confirm that they bring a 1000.4 dish with them. They may only have 1000.2 on the truck. Explain nicely to the nice lady in technical terms that she won't understand that you want her to write down on the work order that you want an Eastern Arc (speak slowly) install and for them to bring an 1000.4 (spell out the numbers) dish with them. :D:D

Ummmm...there are some problems getting an EA set up in Ohio. I have heard that the installers won't do it. But that might have changed.

Cleveland is an Eastern Arc DMA, so I would expect to get a 1000.4 as a matter of course.

If your TV market is not Cleveland, you'll need to tell us what it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)