Dish says I can't get the H3

Belto

Original poster
Jun 19, 2016
Arkansas
I have been a loyal dish patron for close to 20 years. I called about 5-6 weeks ago inquiring about the hopper 3. Got all questions answered and decided to pull the trigger yesterday. Now they are saying I can not get it because of my location, Spot beam, wrong dish..... I had a technician come out just now to move the dish lpcation and he said there is no problem getting the H3 in my location; he installs it frequently. (I also have some neighbors with it). I live in Rogers Arkansas (72758). What do you suggest I do? Thanks

I have been a loyal dish patron for close to 20 years. I called about 5-6 weeks ago inquiring about the hopper 3. Got all questions answered and decided to pull the trigger yesterday. Now they are saying I can not get it because of my location, Spot beam, wrong dish..... I had a technician come out just now to move the dish lpcation and he said there is no problem getting the H3 in my location; he installs it frequently. (I also have some neighbors with it). I live in Rogers Arkansas (72758). What do you suggest I do? Thanks

Send a message to the DIRT team here.

Go into the hopper zone here and there is a thread for upgrading put your message there DIRT will send you a PM.Dirt does a good job dealing with this....

Go into the hopper zone here and there is a thread for upgrading put your message there DIRT will send you a PM.Dirt does a good job dealing with this....
He would do better by contacting DIRT directly. That thread in the Hopper zone was established for the early birds. I'm not sure DIRT spends much time looking there any more....

Due to location, there are some area's that are not able to receive the Hopper 3. It sounds like you are in one of those areas. Unfortunately, we are not able to upgrade to a Hopper 3 at this time.

Call a local retailer if you have a good one. They should be able to help you out.

Due to location, there are some area's that are not able to receive the Hopper 3. It sounds like you are in one of those areas. Unfortunately, we are not able to upgrade to a Hopper 3 at this time.
My neighbor has it. The tech from Dish came to my house today and said he installs it around here all the time. What is the deal?

OP, the people in situations like yours where your neighbors have H3 but Dish is saying no to you is because to keep your services would require a second reflector and Dish does not want to provide because it costs them more money than they want to spend on the install. Others like you have had DIRT install it with the required second reflector. However, it seems like Dish has told DIRT to stop making exceptions. considering you have neighbors who have H3, read your denial. again and notice "appears to be" and the statement "not able to upgrade at this time." There is a new switch coming near the end of this year that will allow for looking at 4 dats using one reflector and also make possible multiple H3s using only ONE reflector. You have most likely been denied because your H3 install require more than one reflector. Since your neighbors have it, there is no technical reason Dish could not install an H3 for you as well except that it requires a 2nd reflector and Dish feels it is too costly for them. The coming switch makes 4 Sat and multiple H4 installs economical for Dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OP, the people in situations like yours where your neighbors have H3 but Dish is saying no to you is because to keep your services would require a second reflector and Dish does not want to provide because it costs them more money than they want to spend on the install. Others like you have had DIRT install it with the required second reflector. However, it seems like Dish has told DIRT to stop making exceptions. considering you have neighbors who have H3, read your denial. again and notice "appears to be" and the statement "not able to upgrade at this time." There is a new switch coming near the end of this year that will allow for looking at 4 dats using one reflector and also make possible multiple H3s using only ONE reflector. You have most likely been denied because your H3 install require more than one reflector. Since your neighbors have it, there is no technical reason Dish could not install an H3 for you as well except that it requires a 2nd reflector and Dish feels it is too costly for them. The coming switch makes 4 Sat and multiple H4 installs economical for Dish.
You are still spouting this same bull and you have not yet provided any proof, you need to stop.

About 4 months ago, I was given the same information from Dish support telling me I couldn't upgrade to the H3. I did go to the upgrade threat in the Hopper zone to request information on an upgrade. It took a day or two, but someone from the DIRT team followed up and I had the new Hopper within a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)