Dish says I have low signal strength...

Ok, so I checked out another receiver's numbers. These are from the 612 in my bedroom...

Tuner 0 numbers look ok.

Tuner 1 numbers:
110: 14-73, 15-75, 16-80, 21-77
119: 14-70, 15-73, 16-78, 21-74
129: 14-77, 15-0, 16-71, 21-70

So it looks like tuner 1 has issues on my 612. I was under the impression that the numbers would be similar on each receiver. Guess I was wrong. I checked out a couple of channels coming off of 129 and I am receiving them. What exactly does the 14, 15, 16, and 21 numbers signify?
Satellite 129 transponders below 17 are spot beams and any or all may be 0. In fact they may be quite large depending on your location. Only those pointed to your area will not be 0.

I would love those numbers. Most of mine are mid-50s I just looked at Menu+6+1+3 and 119TP14 is only 34 on each of my 722s. I think it is mainly due to a Dish 1000, a smaller dish before the 1000.2 etc. I have no problems although it looks like time to peak it slightly.

-Ken

Hey guys just an update for you guys.

The Dish tech came out today and hooked up a device to the coax of one receiver and said that I do have a problem. We went downstairs and he did a reading on the switch and said one of the ports was bad or going bad. He then said the switch I have (the 33?) wasn't a very good one and in fact they don't use them anymore. He switched out the switch with a 44 and said I was good to go.

Sorry 1 more thing I forgot to mention. The tech told me that even though my receivers have been connected to the internet for a couple years now, and supposedly the receivers have been able to to communicate health status back to Dish this whole time, that feature has only been functioning and/or been used for the last month or so by Dish. He said in the last month he has been going out on a lot of calls for this very issue (health status reports to Dish).

My turn. I'd seen these threads before, so I wasn't caught off guard when I got the same call today.

Have had ZERO issues with reception for years. Makes no sense why they would give me a courtesy call for free when they could just wait till I have a problem and reap the rewards in service fees - although I do have the 'service plan' or whatever the term is.

Ok by me though, some of the equipment is 10 years old, other pieces probably 6 years old. Maybe I need a refresh :)

On the off chance that they really do care and are going out of their way to fix any problems before they occur, kudo's for Dish.

Just an idea (Not a complaint or anything):

Maybe when Dish makes a call to a customer to notify them of something like this, a note could automatically be added to their online account. That way, the customer could log-in to the Dish website and verify that the call really came from Dish.

I see a lot of people posting about getting these calls and not being sure if it was really Dish calling. If they could log-in at dish.com and see a message that said "Called customer on 4/6/12 (or whenever) about low signal strength" somewhere, they could instantly verify it as legitimate without having to take up the time of a DIRT team member, chat CSR, or telephone rep if they call Dish back to check about the first call. Might save Dish money (Since the time of their employees is money, in a way) and the customer time. Seems like a win-win. :)

Dish is actually really good in terms of what you can do online with your account. I know I complain a lot about Dish, but stuff like being able to change programming packages with a few mouse clicks is awesome! And that's one thing I know Comcast doesn't allow you to do (Not sure about Directv).

Don't know how quick it's updated, probably minutes if not seconds, but the online account displays plenty of detail about the scheduled call. Plus I got an email and robocall that prompted me to confirm the appointment. So it's very easy to validate the original call. Agreed, the online account stuff has gotten better over the years.