Dish SD and Comcast Cable Internet

spinn1

Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
SF Bay Area
This has probably been covered, but I want to verify...

I live in a condo where coaxial cable enters through my bedroom and then is routed to my living room. I have Dish Network coming into my living room into a 222k receiver, outputting HD to the living room TV and SD to the bedroom TV over the coaxial.

I've been contemplating switching from DSL to Comcast's cable internet, but to do so, would requiring routing the signal through the same coaxial line as my Dish SD transmission, to get it to my living room area. I'd rather not have to broadcast my internet via WIFI from my bedroom.

Can I use the same coaxial line to hook up the cable internet to the living room and continue to have SD signals from the Dish receiver broadcast to my bedroom TV? If so, what sort of diplexers/splitters do I need? I imagine I'd need some sort of connectors in both rooms. Or is it just not compatible?

Yes and no. While it can technically be done, it's not likely something you're going to want to do. It would require knowing the frequencies that your cable internet uses, then adding the proper frequency traps (not very easy to come by, btw) and selecting a tv2 frequency that is far enough away from the Internet frequencies to not cause a problem. My advice would be to find a method of getting another line to the room you want. If that's not possible, you may want to consider a wireless video sender for the tv2 feed and use the cable line for the Internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts