Dish Service Agreement

mark_goal

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
Since support for 501 is going away, last week i called Dish to have my 501 replaced.
Dish setup a service call at no charge to me.

Today a dish tech came & replaced my 501 with a 512.
He also had to upgrade the lnbs to get the 2 tuners of the 512 working.

After the work was done, the tech made me initial & sign a 'Dish Service Agreement'
on his ipad. The agreement basically says he installed the 512 & took the 501 from me.
The Additional Charges section was blank. The agreement has a some other legal wordings to it.

The tech also made me sign a piece of paper that had the stickers/barcodes from receiver glued to it.
He told me that piece of paper allowed him to do work like drilling into walls of the house, etc. to run cable; if needed.

Since i owned the 501, i had a month to month contract with dish.
The new 512 shows "Ownership: Purchased" on the dish website; i think the same as the 501 did.

Is signing of this 'Dish Service Agreement' normal? I guess i was surprised
the tech made me sign something when the work was all done, & not upfront?
I hope signing this agreement is not pushing me into some kind of contract
with dish or the company this tech came from? My month to month contract with dish
stays the same?

btw, i am glad dish sent a tech out & did not just ship the 512 for me to replace.
Seems like the new lnbs have the switches build into the housing. The tech replaced all
the lnbs & reaimed the dish.

Last edited:
Don't take this as being harsh.... Did you read what you signed? You have (should have made sure you have) a copy?

Since support for 501 is going away, last week i called Dish to have my 501 replaced.
Dish setup a service call at no charge to me.

Today a dish tech came & replaced my 501 with a 512.
He also had to upgrade the lnbs to get the 2 tuners of the 512 working.

After the work was done, the tech made me initial & sign a 'Dish Service Agreement'
on his ipad. The agreement basically says he installed the 512 & took the 501 from me.
The Additional Charges section was blank. The agreement has a some other legal wordings to it.

The tech also made me sign a piece of paper that had the stickers/barcodes from receiver glued to it.
He told me that piece of paper allowed him to do work like drilling into walls of the house, etc. to run cable; if needed.

Since i owned the 501, i had a month to month contract with dish.
The new 512 shows "Ownership: Purchased" on the dish website; i think the same as the 501 did.

Is signing of this 'Dish Service Agreement' normal? I guess i was surprised
the tech made me sign something when the work was all done, & not upfront?
I hope signing this agreement is not pushing me into some kind of contract
with dish or the company this tech came from? My month to month contract with dish
stays the same?

btw, i am glad dish sent a tech out & did not just ship the 512 for me to replace.
Seems like the new lnbs have the switches build into the housing. The tech replaced all
the lnbs & reaimed the dish.

I can review your account if you'd like. Please just send me a PM with your account information.

Don't take this as being harsh.... Did you read what you signed? You have (should have made sure you have) a copy?
In my email last night, i did get a pdf copy of the 'Dish Service Agreement' i signed on the tech's ipad.

btw, i PM'ed Zach my dish info. Hopefully everything on my account is as it was before the tech visit.

Welcome to satellite guys! As you have already seen, it's a great place for information, good talk, and of course access to the wonderful DIRT Members. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)