Dish Service Coverage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Doug Moore

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
California
Wondering what your experience is with the Dish Service Protection Plan. My box is no longer getting a signal :( The Dish tech hasn't yet been out to diagnosis the problem, but I'm concerned it may be due to some recent construction in the house. I had my contractor back, they checked the cable and said it was the cable wasn't disturbed.

But what if they're wrong. Will the Dish plan cover the repair of interior cabling? I've read their legal doc which says they cover cabling for lightning strikes, but it doesn't specify either way for other cabling circumstances.

Anyone had experience with the DSPP and interior cabling repairs?

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal...content&_ga=1.223192795.1782162130.1401755503

Dish tech should come out and fix whatever needs done. If it comes to running a new cable and you want it fished through the wall/attic/crawlspace make sure to let him know, as he'll most likely try to do an outside run. Essentially no matter what the problem with the system is it will be fixed before he leaves (certain circumstances aside, he doesn't have a replacement receiver, etc).

Why do you think it's related to construction in you house? Were they cutting one day and the same day your box lost signal?

The tech will use a tone meter, among other things, to see if there's a break in the line. If there is, he'll replace it. He gets paid the same either way, I suspect. Yes, if the cable is cut clean he could "tattle" on you and Dish could say it's not covered, but that won't happen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dish sent out a tech because they determined that my signal was not high enough. They did not like the way it was grounded and it was not solid enough mounted on my house eves. They moved the two dishes around to the side of the house by the electric meter for better ground and ran all new cables. NO charge to me. Later when I switched to the HWS, they changed me to a one dish setup and replaced my switch with a Hopper switch. No charge to me. Also, they replaced my 722 three times because of HD problems. No charge to me. I Love Dish.

If the cable needs replaced, he will replace it regardless of how or why it was damaged.
However, it may not be possible to follow the same route the old cable did.

As an internal dish technician myself i would tell him right away what you think might be the problem. Saves us alot of time troubleshooting and he will fix the problem anyway he has to

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Someone probably bumped the dish.

Fishing cables thru walls is an "extra" and will cost more. But probably not, if that is the path the old cable took.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)