Dish setup today... had to get two dishes pointing in slightly different directions..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wcnghj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
New England
I got Dish setup today and after the installer had the first dish wired and hooked into the receiver, he said I would need one more Dish(free) pointing in a slightly different direction to get my local HD channels.

The first dish was hooked up to the second one, and everything works fine. We have one box that is a VIP222k for two TV's and one Dish is a 500 w/ one LNB and the other(the one for HD) has two LNBs.

How common is this? Or does this have something to do with the "New HD?"

Thanks,
wcn

EDIT: Also, is it possible to have two RF remotes that both control TV2, along with IR for TV2?

Last edited:
most likely the installer didn't have a 1000.4 or 1000.2 dish to capture all 3 sats with one dish ( i think its 1000.4 in new england). that is why he set up what is called a wing dish (the single lnb dish). works just fine

as for the remotes, you can have any number of uhf remotes for TV2 as long as they are programmed to the reciever. you can set up uhf for TV1, but not IR for TV2

Wish they would have done this for me last month. According the CSR I talked to about adding 3 NON HD rooms my set up will not work with anything less than an HD receiver which means they want me to purchase the more expensive units. Ive never heard of such a thing.

IF you have the eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish , your non mpeg 4 sd receivers will NOT work with it. That is why they want you to upgrade to mpeg 4 hd receivers. Now they could put a separate dish 500(110/119) for your non hd receivers and they would work with it , but your locals would have to come off of 110 or 119 in sd to receive them.

Definately not eastern ARC, at least I don't think so. Would it be facing east if it were? Because it is not. I am just not going to spend 150 bucks per reciever just to ad them to SD TV's..That makes no sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts