DISH setup troubles noobie

Vannnce

Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but not new to truck forums and such. I'm sure there are tons of threads on this but I have searched and searched and need help from the ground up in a language i can understand because I am not much of a "techy" guy. I will try to provide as much info as possible.

I am a full time RV'er. I got DISH at my last location and recently moved and am hoping to set this up on my own, but i do not know how a lot of the stuff works. First off I have a DISH HD satellite, but non HD service. My book that came with the system says its for a DISH 322 receiver with software models DP322. I have one receiver with two remotes(green remote tv1, blue remote tv2)

I had the system installed in Odessa tx, 79766 and just moved to cleveland ok, 74020. I go to the main menu, and set up dish setting. It takes me to a screen where i choose my area code, dish system, tuner input, transponder, and satellite. I punched in my area code and set the dish up accordingly to what the coordinates told me. I have zero signal. Do i need to change any of the other numbers? At this point im lost on what all of those mean, and what they are suppose to be set as. i bought a "satellite finder" and believe i have it pointed where it should but still nothing.

If someone could please tell me what this numbers mean an how i should set them, basically walk me through this beginning to end in lamens terms that would be awesome. I will answer questions as best i can with my knowledge, if pictures of what i have would help let me know what to take

thanks
Vance

Those menu settings are for older Dish 500 systems and don't give you the proper settings for a Dish 1000.2 or 1000.4

Assuming an RV account you have a western arc Dish 1000.2 or Dish 1000.4

For Cleveland make sure the dish is level and the j arm is plumb, set the Dish elevation on the left side of Dish if you are standing behind the Dish to 41.5 to 42 and azimuth is around 210 to 215 degrees (slightly to the SW). You should find signal somewhere in there as you slowly pan the dish a few millimeters at a time. You have to let the dish sit a few seconds as you move it so the receiver can lock and process any signals it receives.

You shouldn't have to change any settings in the receiver. Push menu 6>1>1 on the TV1 remote and set the receiver to satellite 119 and transponder 15. You should get around 70-75 on the signal meter if the Dish is lined up correctly.

With a 322, he better not have an EA dish!
I believe he's referring to the 1000.4 dish with a .4 western arc lnb, which was around for about 3 and a half minutes before Dish quickly retired it when they decided they wanted to base their systems around the .2 dish instead of the .4 dish.

I certainly appreciate the responses. As it is getting dark here i will try this first thing tomorrow and report back. thank you again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)