Dish setup

dshu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2010
Sanford,Maine
First time posting: My brother and I have been trying to set up 1000.4 dish with a 211k reciever, on Eastern Arc (Maine). Can get 61.5 and 72.7 but not at the same time we have followed directions, repeated the setup many times to no avail. Could anyone help. Questions like this are probably posted but I can't find. What could be wrong.

thanks,
dshu

Hi, chances are good that you are receiving one of the satellites through the wrong LNB. I have not aimed a 1000.4 but a trick that used to work for me when setting up a Dish 500 was to cover one of the LNBs with aluminum foil to prevent it from receiving a signal. Maybe try this on the 1000.4 but you would need to cover two of the LNBs. Maybe cover the two outer LNB and shoot for 72.7? Hope this helps, DC

I am going to assume the internal structure of the 1000.4 dish is similar to the 1000.2.

After trying the aluminum foil trick with no success, I found that with the built-in switch in the LNBF head, my meter could be electronically connected to either the 119 or the 110 LNBF on a 1000.2 dish. I got a meter that generates a 22 KHz signal which selects the 119 LNBF so I aim with the correct LNBF. I could do this by setting the tuners in the receiver but the meter is easier at setup time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)