Dish Setup?

dtro77

On Vacation
Original poster
Feb 10, 2012
Poconos PA
I was looking at the Dish Site the other day, just to try and Build a package I could live with. But everything is gummed up by promo prices, I was just wondering if there was a Price sheet with real pricing on it.

I was looking at a 4 room system,
Minimum I would Accept is 2 hopper 2 joeys, or 3 hopper 1 joey.

• Top 250
  • HD and the addtional HD pack
  • HBO,Cinemax,Starz
  • Protection plan
  • Addtional fees that may apply

I want to know what the discount is on the premiums the more you buy.

I'm not currently thinking of switching , But one never knows what the future hold, and I would like a real current price reference.

I got one From my Cable company, and Verizon, and Directv I already know.

But I'm taking a $10 increase with Directv this year, so just re-assessing certain options.

Prices are going up in the next couple of weeks and this should be the new rates, so forgive me if I get something wrong. First off, I would personally go with a 2H/2J setup as having 3 basic tuners on 4 tv's usually does not work depending on your usage. Upfront fee would be higher but monthly fees would be the same.
AT250 $74.99, HD could be no charge depending on how you sign up, normal rate is $10.00, Blockbuster @ Home $10.00, 3 premiums $35.00 (you can get all four with AT250 as AEP at $119.99), Protection plan $7.00. Additional fees that will apply, DVR $10 and for the other 3 receivers @ $7 each.
Premiums: individual - HBO $18, other 3 are $13 each, any 2 would be $26, any 3 would be $35 and all 4 $45.

Well since Dish is increasing their prices as well on January 17th, I'll give you the new regular prices and fees:

Top 250: $74.99
HBO: $18
Cinemax: $13
Starz: $13
Additional HD (aka BB @ Home): $10
Protection Plan: $7
Hopper DVR fee: $10
Additional Hopper/Joey fees after the 1st hopper: $21 (doesn't matter if it's 2h and 2j or 3h and 1j, it's the same amount at $7 each)

Total: $166.99

Last edited:
Going with AEP would only be $1 more:

AEP: $119.99
Additional HD (aka BB @ Home): $10
Protection Plan: $7
Hopper DVR fee: $10
Additional Hopper/Joey fees after the 1st hopper: $21

Total: $167.99

Prices are going up in the next couple of weeks and this should be the new rates, so forgive me if I get something wrong. First off, I would personally go with a 2H/2J setup as having 3 basic tuners on 4 tv's usually does not work depending on your usage. Upfront fee would be higher but monthly fees would be the same.
AT250 $74.99, HD could be no charge depending on how you sign up, normal rate is $10.00, Blockbuster @ Home $10.00, 3 premiums $35.00 (you can get all four with AT250 as AEP at $119.99), Protection plan $7.00. Additional fees that will apply, DVR $10 and for the other 3 receivers @ $7 each.
Premiums: individual - HBO $18, other 3 are $13 each, any 2 would be $26, any 3 would be $35 and all 4 $45.
Is the HD $10 if you don't do auto pay?

Well the total Comes out exactly the same for the Dish version of my Directv setup. Only difference I would be giving up 4 tuners, and no RSNs'', and some missing HD premiums.

But I would gain epix and a few other HD channels..
So much for that. LOL, Oh well thanks guys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)