Dish Should Hop on Epix

FWIW, if you are a twitter-er, EPIX has a pretty informative feed up at Emil Rensing (EpixHD) on Twitter (they'll even friend ya). I'd love to see e* pick this one up. If Platinum wasn't so screwed up these days, I could see it as a Platinum Channel...

...actually, I could see them pick this one up and spin it with MGM and HD-Net Movies (and probably Universal HD) into a seperate add-on pack. Since we know how the E* programmers LOVE add on packs...

I see people all over this site rushing to bash D* for not carrying EPIX. But in their rush to bash D* for this they seem to either ignore or not be aware that Comcast and Cablevision have also passed on this service. Only FiOS has announce plans to carry it. And from what I read in the D* forum, EPIX wants to charge premium channel price but have the channel in the basic tier of service. If that's true I can see why D*, Comcast and Cablevision have passed on it. Either they would have to add the channel at a loss or raise the price of their basic service.

I see people all over this site rushing to bash D* for not carrying EPIX. But in their rush to bash D* for this they seem to either ignore or not be aware that Comcast and Cablevision have also passed on this service. Only FiOS has announce plans to carry it. And from what I read in the D* forum, EPIX wants to charge premium channel price but have the channel in the basic tier of service. If that's true I can see why D*, Comcast and Cablevision have passed on it. Either they would have to add the channel at a loss or raise the price of their basic service.
I'm not bashing D* for not carring this channel, I'm bashing D* because I have been a customer of theirs for YEARS, 11 Total,, and in that Time, the customer service was great, But every Year the price goes up and UP, and Still the same Premiums except for very few addtions. D* has done barely anything since September 2007 as far as National HD, Locals I'm still missing channels in my market that even E* carrys. So now I hear from D* new CEO, he has no intent in adding movie channels. D* used to be a provider that served every customer, But now it seems they only serve Sports Fans.

I'm not bashing D* for not carring this channel, I'm bashing D* because I have been a customer of theirs for YEARS, 11 Total,, and in that Time, the customer service was great, But every Year the price goes up and UP, and Still the same Premiums except for very few addtions. D* has done barely anything since September 2007 as far as National HD, Locals I'm still missing channels in my market that even E* carrys. So now I hear from D* new CEO, he has no intent in adding movie channels. D* used to be a provider that served every customer, But now it seems they only serve Sports Fans.

I think D* can and should be bashed for the lack of recent HD channel additions, for an overpriced Cinemax package, lacking in HBO/Max HD channels and in general premium channel packages that are inferior to the competitions. But I don't think D* should be bashed for not adding EPIX given the terms for carrying it and I haven't seen anybody bash Comcast or Cablevision for not adding it. This is where I have a beef for the bashing I've seen. But I don't have a beef with bashing D* for the rest of their HD premiums.

They can't add epix. They need the room for more HD PPV channels and a special HD channel for each NFL teams locker room which will be added to ST and the price raised another 100 bucks. ;)

It doesn't really affect me. I think that with so many alternatives to movie channels (Netflix, other On Demand services) D* doesn't want to add on to what is arguably a dying system. I have no movie channels and probably never will because they all show the same movies over and over again, and in my opinion, most of those said movies are crap. The only thing the stations nowadays can offer is original programming, and to me its not worth subscribing to them just for that.

j u, ylkyltdmklmttklmjklmhygftmyhklyhtg yyju6jy jyivjykjkylujyiujyk uim6mu6viu6j6yjy6viujy6vjuy6jvybiu6jybvk6j6k jy6tjibv lm;j u7olil 6 jjftykytj ykljyl:rant:

LOL. Mr. Wozniak, that is the most intelligent thing I've heard all day. :) I would DEFINITELY see Epix HD available in the Premium HD Pack. Surely Epix just wants carriage any way it can get it at this point because several BIG providers have already voiced they aren't that interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)