Dish size Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

norman52

Original poster
Dec 18, 2009
Redmond, Washington
I live in zip 98053 and I have a Dish Network 501DVR /dish 500 system and use sats. 110 and 119. I was thinking of upgrading to the Dish Network 722 as I bought a new HD TV. My question is will I need a new Dish? I read someplace that Dish Networks HD channels are on Sat 129. If I need a new dish what do I need to buy? Two dish antennas or one that is big enough to pick up all three satellites?

I tried calling Dish Network support and they had no clue what I was asking.

Upgrade your receiver through DISH and they should provide the needed equipment for you to receive HDTV.

I tried that and they wanted to send an installer out to do it. I work 7 days a week 12 hours a day for a large airplane manufacture :) and I am never home except when it is dark. They won't just let me do the install like I did with my original equipment so I will have to go buy the equipment on the outside. I just want to be sure I am buying the right things.

You will need a 1000.2 dish to replace your current d500 dish (probably the best solution) or you can add another d300 or d500 dish for 129 which will require a new switch.

Thanks, that is what I wanted to know. Now I need to find out what is the difference between the 722 and 722K
The 722 is pretty much the same as the 622 but with a larger harddrive. The 722k is a more advanced model. It will allow you to record 2 sat channels and 2 OTA channels. You will need to buy the separate OTA module for the 722k (if OTA is an option for you).

Thanks I would like OTA recording as I have 21 channels right now in HD using the HD tuner in my Computer. I guess my needs are OTA recording, HD recording and I would like to be able to recored a channel and watch another one. Recording two channels at once would be nice but not necessary.

Suggestions?

Be advised, you can only record one ota channel at a time, along with two sat channels. Also, if you do not subscribe to your local channel package, you will not have any guide info on your ota channels.

I already subscribe to the local channels so i will just keep it. That way I thought I could dvr one dish local and one OTA at the same time. Is this possible?

thanks to everyone for all the information. I think I am set. Wish I could have found the answers at Dish Network but we all know how that is.

One last thought with the 722 is the 1000-2 ProPlus anntenna better or easier to install than the 1000-2 Legacy? Not much difference in price so what do I get for the upgrade to a ProPlus?

This is the 1000.2 that you want.
The DISH Pro Plus Triple LNBF features DISH Pro Plus Technology and provides reception from the 110°, 119°, and 129° orbital locations. The LNBF includes three receiver outputs and an input for one additional orbital location.
Have you thought about using one of our site sponsors? Dish Network Dish 1000.2  DishPro Plus 110 118.7 119 129

or
The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

Go with 722k

If you are getting the OTA on your PC then go with the 722k. Sounds like you work for Boeing to me and are putting in a ton of OT. You will want the 722k so that you can record 2 OTA's at the same time as 2 sat. Since there have been times when deals were hard to be struck with the Trib stations I would want to have the OTA in case the Trib or Fisher stations get want more money for rebroadcasting over E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)