Dish size that's able to get FTA clear "Fox Soccer Channel" on 91 W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No offense, but its not a good idea to post in the clear feeds in the public area. As far as your question, unknown.

Hello Iceberg,

Are you saying the information on Lyngsat isn't up to date, since it's listed as clear on 3860/V/31247? I have a 6' motorised dish and live in North Carolina and can't get that particular transponder. I am willing to go bigger but need to know from people who already have such bigger dish to tell me if they get certain channels I am looking for.

Also is there a site I can refer to that will help me determine the required dish size to get certain transponders on different satellites?

Are you saying the information on Lyngsat isn't up to date, since it's listed as clear on 3860/V/31247?

You have to take Lyngsat with a "grain of salt" as your best bet is to check The List on this site and also the global-cm.net web site.

Lyngsat frequently carries outdated information since it is not based on this side of the globe. The site relies on reports from hobbyists here to notify them of changes. Many times, this doesn't happen for months or more.

Looks like that mux was reported as being in the clear almost 5 months ago, as others have said Lyngsat is often out of date.

Also, it is DVB-S2, and might require a larger dish to get consistently, and more and more signals are going to S2.

If, as you say, you are willing to go with a bigger dish, I would recommend going that route. Since you already have the 6 footer you can put up the bigger dish and still have your existing dish in operation.

If you haven't yet, go dish hunting in your "neighborhood", take some pics, and post what you find. We will give you our thoughts on what looks good, most can be had for little or nothing.

You can pick up quite a bit with a well formed and highly tuned 6 footer but try to find a nice 10 footer if you can, if you get a good one and tune it well you will be able to receive most everything that is "up there". :)

Thanks guys. I am currently using the EIRP values info from Lyngsat combined with the info on dish diameter info on Sadoun website to try to get the info I need.

I hope this helps someone else in their search for the right dish they need.

Thanks guys. I am currently using the EIRP values info from Lyngsat combined with the info on dish diameter info on Sadoun website to try to get the info I need.

I hope this helps someone else in their search for the right dish they need.

EIRP and "recommended dish diameter" charts are something else you should probably take with a touch of salt.

In a nutshell, to receive C-band, anything less than 6' will only pickup the strongest signals consistently. Besides not having enough surface area to gather sufficient signal the smaller dishes don't have the beamwidth tolerance to reject signals from adjacent satellites.

If you want to consistently receive C-band (S2 and weaker signals included) across the arc, go bigger. If there are just a few signals you are looking to get, and they are fairly strong, a good 6 footer/well-tuned/functional system might do just fine.

Also, if you don't have an S2-capable receiver you won't even be able to see any indication (on your quality meter) of that scrambled signal on G17.

none as its scrambled

Hello Iceberg,

Are you saying the information on Lyngsat isn't up to date, since it's listed as clear on 3860/V/31247? I have a 6' motorised dish and live in North Carolina and can't get that particular transponder. I am willing to go bigger but need to know from people who already have such bigger dish to tell me if they get certain channels I am looking for.

Also is there a site I can refer to that will help me determine the required dish size to get certain transponders on different satellites?

I just put out the 6 footer here in MN and checked. Its S2 so the Manhattan receiver was needed

4 channels labelled "CH1, CH2, CH3 and CH4"
all scrambled

Also, it is DVB-S2, and might require a larger dish to get consistently, and more and more signals are going to S2.
due to modulation and FEC, this signal is a relatively easy DVB-S2 signal to pick up compared to most DVB-S2 signals in the arc. The signal can be a little messy on the spectrum analyzer and still be lockable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)