Dish/Sling and INSP

mixedday

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
NJ
I was wondering how long Dish Network has carried the standard definition feed of INSP? I noticed on INSP's website, for Dish Network, INSP advises viewers of platforms to contact provider when not available and for Dish, there is a link to send a request form for Dish to carry the HD signal.

Dish's streaming platform Sling also does not carry INSP.

I wonder if Dish has a very old contract with INSP and just is reluctant to renew it. It is very odd because INSP has been doing well ratings-wise:
Top-Rated Channels of 2020: TV Network Winners & Losers - Variety

It also was added to low cost streaming platforms, Philo and FrndlyTV, and is on the most very basic package of local channels only, on Comcast in my area. Hence, I don't think it is an expensive channel.

And Dish has made Heroes & Icons and Grit, which kind of compete with INSP, more available expanding the coverage to Sling. I like those channels as well. Is there some hard-balling or some bad relations between the Dish Network and the owners of INSP?

You are correct that INSP is in the most very basic package of local channels, even on Dish. I just switched to the Locals Only package from Dish, and I still get INSP. For that matter, if you have an old enough Dish receiver with a purple G3 Smart Card, and it is still authorized for free preview channels, then those receivers get INSP completely free, all of the time, even when the receiver is not activated on a Dish account.

Having said that, Dish has had at least two disputes with INSP in the past that I know about, and INSP was dropped from Dish for a considerable period of time both times they were in dispute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts