Dish/Sling Beta

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Just got email from Dish Beta folks.

Thank you for your interest in the Dish Anywhere beta program. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to run this program right now. We apologize for taking so long and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

-The Beta Team

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yep got the same thing here. I was looking forward to it also. :(

Sigh.....I was looking forward to have some input for a change........Wait till next year? lol

I'm really surprised- that anyone is really surprised.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Next time around, it would be nice if before a group asks for personal account information, no matter how unimportant it seems to some, that the projected project actually be approved or ready to begin. While I do not mind giving my DISH account information to a group that seems to be part of a professional DISH project and which seems to have the approval of the Satellite Guys by virtue of being listed here, I DO mind that I gave my information to some fly-by-night group that never got its project off the ground.

In our own defense, No one made you give your info to them. We do lots of betas for DISH that many don't know about sometime we publicly announce them and then candidates submit their info to DISH in hopes to be fixed, in some other tests we have done DISH has selected people who they felt would be good candidates to test software they were putting out as they were having issues and the test software dealt with those issues.

DISH and SLING came to me and basically said Sling is looking to do a beta test and since your site is the largest site with people using DISH and Sling so we we wondering if you could advertise this beta for us. And I said sure.

Sling is a strange company its a small company but its not one office but offices all over the world. Its not a bunch of guys sitting in one office saying hey lets do this. They were really gung ho on doing this project but for whatever reason they had to cancel the project. It happens...

I was testing a product and they were getting ready to release it and just days before they were going to release it (and they had warehouses with the item ready to ship) they scrapped the project. It happens.

If I am asked by DISH or DIRECTV for our help in looking for additional testers I will do so without hesitation. If SatelliteGuys members can help them make their products better then I am all for it. :)

Hey Scott. Thanks for your input. No, no one MADE me give them that info. I am not accusing you of anything. What I AM doing is voicing my opinion about how I feel about how this went down. Since you were not the main ingredient in this event, the majority of my disappointment has nothing to do with SG. However, I gave that test group my information because I thought they were a professional group with SG's stamp of approval. That is how much I trust Satellite Guys and how highly I think of you folks. My bad. You know what they say....fool me once, etc.

I don't DO forum spats, and I do not passive-aggressively attack people in forums (and no, that does not mean I think you do...I am strictly talking about me). I realize that posting a negative opinion about something close to a group or person can sometimes come off even worse than was intended when in the written format, but I assure you that no harm was meant. Again, I was posting my opinion about what I think of how this event played out. I am a direct gal. If I think SG was at fault for whatever did or did not occur here, I would say so. Me voicing my opinion about this was not an attack on you. I am simply disappointed that I apparently naively believed that SG looked into this group before-hand, and determined that they had their stuff together, when clearly the group did not have their stuff together. I made that choice and came to my own conclusions. No one forced me to participate. I have learned my lesson, and I will not base my opinion on something showing up here in the future. I won't assume that it is ok because you folks allowed it. That is not an attack. It is just a statement of my lesson learned.

I realize you have your opinion, but I also have mine. I will not be responding to this thread again, because I do not argue in forums.

Hey I hear you as I said we have done and are doing tests with them now and never had any issues before this. Although a few betas did take a long time to get going. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)