dish.sling.com

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
Is it possible to use dish.sling.com to record remotely to my Vip722 without owning a sling?

I tried signing up tonight and it definitely is in alpha/beta testing because it didn't even welcome me after trying to login. :confused:

Edit: I just (17 March 6pm) tried it all over from scratch and entered in a new username/password and it let me log in and start the process. Maybe there was a hangup last night - try it again if you are having problems.

Last edited:
The program is in limited beta at the moment meaning they are allowing a slow trickle of people. You should get a invitation via email when you are able to access the service.

It took nearly three weeks for my invitation when I signed up however this was more than a month ago.

The program is in limited beta at the moment meaning they are allowing a slow trickle of people. You should get a invitation via email when you are able to access the service.

It took nearly three weeks for my invitation when I signed up however this was more than a month ago.

It is not very limited anymore. Most people asking will be added.

Many people are reporting being added the same day they applied.

You don't need a Slingbox or anything from Sling to make this work. :)

This is awesome. I'm much happier searching for movies in the future using this site instead of the text only method on the receiver. I like clicking the mouse much better than typing info on the remote.

Scott - thanks for the heads up that the site is up and running. I'm going to fill up my HDD soon and have to spring for an EHD setup.

How long does it take for you to receive the confirmation email?

Website indicates it is immediate, but I 've been waiting several hours and no confirmation email.

Has anyone received the new channels that were added to dish in HD recently? I cannot see it in my sling guide anywhere....Show2, Showcase, TMC, etc?

Has anyone received the new channels that were added to dish in HD recently? I cannot see it in my sling guide anywhere....Show2, Showcase, TMC, etc?

I don't have the new channels, and my hd locals were added a few weeks back and the listings for those new local channels are for stations in the midwest

Bob

... the listings for those new local channels are for stations in the midwest

Bob

I'm having the same issue. I'm in Illinois and the listings for my locals are from Colorado. They're getting closer, though; a couple weeks ago, they were from Washington state.

I've reported it as a bug. I'm sure it will be worked out at some point. We have to remember, it's still in beta.

How long does it take for you to receive the confirmation email?

Website indicates it is immediate, but I 've been waiting several hours and no confirmation email.
Try it again with a different username and password. I did (the 2nd time) and I got an email within 2 minutes and logged in using my email address and new password. Gotta remember it's in BETA testing and it's not always up and running fully functional.

I had to use an alternate email address because my home address has a dash in it and I guess Dish's computer can't deal with that.

I have seen other robot sites that similarly cannot deal with email addresses with dashes in them.

BTY the dash is in the part of the address after the @.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)