Dish Solo HD Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbk214

Original poster
Nov 22, 2012
Central, NJ
I recently upgraded all of my TVs to HD TVs thanks to all the awesome Black Friday sales and the nagging of my family. I now have 5 HD TVs in the house and 4 of them are still using 311 receivers, while one has a 612 HD DVR. I called Dish to replace the 311s and they're sending someone tomorrow to add another 612 DVR and 3 solo HD receivers. They won't tell me which solo HD receivers I'm getting so I was curious if people were getting the 211k receivers for the most part of if the older 211/411 receivers were still being distributed? I realize this may be a regional type question so I'm in Central NJ if it matters. I'm planning on turning all three solo HD receivers into DVRs with the EHD option and wanted to also know if the $40 charge was a one time charge for the account or if it was per receiver?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the quick reply, DFergie! I figured it would depend mostly on the contractor but I was just curious what the majority of people were receiving or if the 211/411 were still being used now that the 211k is being featured on Dish's site. I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Have an awesome Thanksgiving!

It also depends on what gets shipped to the ware house. For a long time we were getting 211k's. About a month ago we started getting 211's. Its a crap shoot really.

Awesome. They're coming tomorrow either way so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I had to cancel my order twice so far because they kept trying to send me two 222ks which would have made it impossible to use the DVR feature. I figured I was better off waiting to see what the tech brings rather than canceling the order and not getting anything correct at all.

I can't help but think you'd be better served, by far, with the Hopper/Joey system.

Navychop, I've considered it but if for any reason I use a SD TV I understand that I can't use the Hopper. Also, I have 5 TVs right now and a single Hopper system only supports 4 TVs. I definitely appreciate the system but I feel like right now it might be more than I need.

There's a full complement of outputs on the Hopper proper, and at least A/V jacks on the Joey. So SD TVs are still usable.

On TV counting;: do you really need all the programs to be independent? Mirroring even two of those TVs means you could use a Hopper and 3 Joeys.

jbk214 said:
Navychop, I've considered it but if for any reason I use a SD TV I understand that I can't use the Hopper. Also, I have 5 TVs right now and a single Hopper system only supports 4 TVs. I definitely appreciate the system but I feel like right now it might be more than I need.

SDTVs work with the system. You'd be better off by getting a 2 hopper/ 2 Joey system. Better to have more than you need than not enough. Prices for Joey or extra hoppers are same as a 211, and you get far more out of them IMO.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

Up front prices for 2H/3J? Just play CSR roulette or contact a DIRT team member. No matter what you pay up front, you'll find it worth every penny. It's an awesome system for multiple TVs.

If I were you I would've gone with 2 hoppers and 3 Joeys. I have 5 HDTVs in my house and went with about the same setup. There is a little upfront fee to get 2 hoppers but in my mind it is well worth it.

With the current setup you would have a 612, 612, 211, 211 and 211. The fees would be $6 for the DVR, $10 for the second 612 and $21 for the 3 211 receivers. If you went with 2 hoppers and 3 joeys the fees would be $10 for the DVR and $28 for the extra receiver fees. For the little extra cost I feel the hopper system is way better.

And you'd have a shared pool of DVR'd programs viewable on any TV. ANY TV.

I hope you will reconsider, and still have the opportunity to do so. And I'm perturbed that it appears you were not provided with full information to make an informed decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)