dish, sound bar and alexa

davcarsevll

Original poster
Dec 16, 2017
We had dish installed last week. We have a hopper but we put the polk sound bar system they sell in with our joey. We have not been able to get the joey to connect to the Alexa. I was told it might be that we need the Bluetooth dongle. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, the polk system works great through the joey and tv. I was told by the installer that it should hook up to Alexa since it is blue tooth. That way I could control the volume by alex. I can pair the polk speakers to my cellphone and to Pandora and hear it from my polk speakers. Problem is that while the polk system is in the Bluetooth mode I can't hear the tv through the speakers. I have to switch it back to OPT 1 to hear the tv volume. Then it doesn't connect to Alexa anymore. What is set wrong?

Amazon Echoes do not support connecting via Bluetooth. They do for wireless speakers, but the operation side, is not Bluetooth. The rep that insinuated that was incorrect. Which is why I assume he said he wasn’t sure but thought it was that, and is not a tech support member.

We had dish installed last week. We have a hopper but we put the polk sound bar system they sell in with our joey. We have not been able to get the joey to connect to the Alexa. I was told it might be that we need the Bluetooth dongle. Has anyone else had this problem? Also, the polk system works great through the joey and tv. I was told by the installer that it should hook up to Alexa since it is blue tooth. That way I could control the volume by alex. I can pair the polk speakers to my cellphone and to Pandora and hear it from my polk speakers. Problem is that while the polk system is in the Bluetooth mode I can't hear the tv through the speakers. I have to switch it back to OPT 1 to hear the tv volume. Then it doesn't connect to Alexa anymore. What is set wrong?
Which model of Hopper do you have? Several people have reported having problems using Alexa with the Hopper 3 recently, but I don't know if the problem also affects Joeys.

We have the Joey 2 and hopper 3. We just bought the Sony sound bar system. Can we hook it up somehow so we can at least adjust the volume of the bar without the remotes. I was thinking maybe since the alexa works with Bluetooth speakers and this is a Bluetooth speaker???? Grasping at straws to get this thing to work

Amazon Echoes do not support connecting via Bluetooth. They do for wireless speakers, but the operation side, is not Bluetooth. The rep that insinuated that was incorrect. Which is why I assume he said he wasn’t sure but thought it was that, and is not a tech support member.
I can connect my Bluetooth speaker to the alexa and control the volume. Why can't I control this speaker with Alexa. But when I push the Bluetooth button on the bar it switches to Bluetooth and I can't hear the sound thru the speakers anymore.

For the speaker and volume control, you’ll have to go through Amazon. That’s not a Dish function. I honestly couldn’t tell you, as I had to look up if Bluetooth was even supported for Alexa. Ask Amazon what their restrictions are for Bluetooth. And they can troubleshoot that. I don’t believe the Dish/Alexa partnership includes volume changing. Just Dish functions such as rewind, pause, skip, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts