Dish Spam

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2003
I am constantly getting spammed by independent satellite installation companies selling Dish subscriptions. I try to filter them out but they just use new email addresses. I know it's not coming directly from Dish, but these companies represent Dish IMO in a bad light by spamming customers. At times I receive several each day. Is there a way to report them to Dish so they can deal with them?

Unless you've actually responded to the spam emails that you're receiving, you do not know for sure if the Dish spam is even from a legitimate company... so how can Dish be held even slightly responsible..?
Most Spam is really just an attempt at email and personal information harvesting... with an occasional nude pic thrown in...

Now... if you're saying that Dr. Oz, Ellen, and Oprah are your friends, and that they email you multiple times a day from different email addresses with fantastic offers for easy ways to cleanse your dirty, gross colon...
Well... that's an entirely different situation...

and you need to hook all of us up so we can all experience the utterly unbelievable sensation of a squeaky clean colon, just like your friend Dr. Oz says he has...

I'm wondering if it's even legitimate meaning not even a real company or companies, even a virus? Perhaps others have also received them but honestly in all these years rarely I do get spam emails at all regarding DISH - or even Cable. The few I do go directly to spam anyway.

I am constantly getting spammed by independent satellite installation companies selling Dish subscriptions. I try to filter them out but they just use new email addresses. I know it's not coming directly from Dish, but these companies represent Dish IMO in a bad light by spamming customers. At times I receive several each day. Is there a way to report them to Dish so they can deal with them?

I would suggest using a different email provider. I have email accounts with gmail, yahoo, and roadrunner (time warner, spectrum) and I get about one or two junk emails per month. They filter most spam before it ever gets to my email program.

Reactions: pattykay
Yea I never used to get any spam until family and friends got hacked so that all of the email addresses in their contacts were "stolen" so now they have a list of real people to spam. These emails make their way to lists that are shared or even sold. I have several other "junk" email addresses that I use specifically when I join a website that I'm afraid will get hacked or sell lists of email addresses. The problem is the email address that's getting spammed is my main address that I use with clients etc.

I'm looking into an email filter because the one my ISP uses (Xfinity) isn't very good.

Reactions: Tampa8
"Unless you've actually responded to the spam emails that you're receiving, you do not know for sure if the Dish spam is even from a legitimate company... so how can Dish be held even slightly responsible..?
Most Spam is really just an attempt at email and personal information harvesting... with an occasional nude pic thrown in...

Now... if you're saying that Dr. Oz, Ellen, and Oprah are your friends, and that they email you multiple times a day from different email addresses with fantastic offers for easy ways to cleanse your dirty, gross colon...
Well... that's an entirely different situation...

and you need to hook all of us up so we can all experience the utterly unbelievable sensation of a squeaky clean colon, just like your friend Dr. Oz says he has..."

The thing is, that type of spam actually sells products, such as diet pills, and they use a reputable person as an endorsement such as Dr Oz to sell their products. That's what I think these Dish spam emails are ie. they are companies that actually sell Dish, and that's why I was wondering if they can be reported to Dish.

If anyone knows a good Mac spam filter let me know :)

Yea I never used to get any spam until family and friends got hacked so that all of the email addresses in their contacts were "stolen" so now they have a list of real people to spam. These emails make their way to lists that are shared or even sold. I have several other "junk" email addresses that I use specifically when I join a website that I'm afraid will get hacked or sell lists of email addresses. The problem is the email address that's getting spammed is my main address that I use with clients etc.

I'm looking into an email filter because the one my ISP uses (Xfinity) isn't very good.

Ahh that explains alot of it. The problem is now they are addressing them directly to you rather than what is called broadcasting it, so it doesn't look like spam. You may have to have any email containing DISH or whatever common phrase you can find go to Spam or Trash. Of course the problem is you won't get actual DISH email unless you can also make an exception for their exact email address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts