Dish speaks with forked tongue, Retailers Beware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
webbydude said:
Ok...add one more thing to the list of "forked tongues"...any retailer having a difficult, if not impossible time getting paid for DPP44 switches? Even with all of our techs utilizing proper procedues (calling Dish up..getting permission...getting Op ID and CSR name) Dish still refuses to reimburse for DPP44 switch installs UNLESS it's for a 4 satellite install. That pretty much kills it for a SD121 or SD105 install in an apartment complex or new, pre-wired home (ok..short of centrally locating things...but c'mon, that can be a pain even if the phone network interface is nearby).

I am in the same boat...I work for a DN Sub but we aren't having to battle for DPP44 pay or stuff like that. I do know this DN would prefer we NEVER use the existing wiring in a home.I have heard Charlie say that to callers on the chats. In fact, I was told by a CSR that we are "suposed to wire the home because the customer is paying for new cable". I think he's nuts he should spend few days riding and working with a tech.....
My thinking is that DN wants to prevent use of the DPP 44 because they want the techs to not not use the prewire..My question is , why have the switch available then?...What the he!! is it for?!!!!!...I guess some at DN think we make too much money and want to see us work more for less .To my knowledge we have carte blanche on use of the DPP44's from my employer So they must be getting paid for them. Because trust me, if they weren't getting paid, my boss would tell us NOT to use them EVER....
It's the damn reinstalls we don't get paid for..Those are listed as "service change" on our w/o..These are out of warranty(over 90 days) installs down by hacks that when we go out have to bring to spec because DN insists the last one there "owns the job". SO we go thru DN get an op id and a name, get the w/o change and they stil don't pay us..Meanwhile I'm doing a new install and not getting paid for it. AND my name is on it..so tyhe jagoff thta did the hack job gets off the hook..Well no more..When we get on a job like that we just get the cust back on line or if it's an add on, just do that and leave the rest of it..We then make detailed notes for the custs account and let dish know we will not be responsible for a previous hack install...I have on two occaisions fixed a no signal problem and just told my dispatch to close the job and not put my name on it..I would rather lose the SC fee and not have to worry about having to spend 3 hours fixing a $hitty install for nothing,....i have warned my employer as have other techs that if we don't get paid we're just not going to do the reinstalls...We will just take the chance that DN won't QC the job..I also said in a tech meeting that if DN doesn't start paying for this work that eventuallly the good techs will just leave the business..IMO, I think this is happening already...I have heard thru the grapevine that DNSC can't find any good techs....The pay is too low and is by the hour..Anyone with experience and half a brain would never do this work by the hour..You'd get killed financially.....
Anyway, I stand down from my soapbox

Stargazer said:
What about those Dish1000 dishes that has five or more tuners? Dish1000 supports four tuners at the most and thats if you have two dual tuner receivers. Do we have to use a DP twin with a DP lnbf for 129 and DP-34 and not get reimbursed for the DP-34? Do we have to purchase the DP twin special as well? All of this bunch of bull instead of simply getting reimbursed for the dang DPP-44? I know this would not be a problem very often but who wants to lose more money than they made for doing an upgrade or Dish Mover?
That chargeback deal with 25% every 90 days, its not really better, its worse in most cases. Before you did not lose all of your commissions only part of them if they were on for 30 days if I am not mistaken. You still got to keep a third of the initial commission. Now you lose more than that until the 6th month. The only way you are ahead is if a customer disconnects through month 6-8 where you only lose half. Month 8-12 you stand to lose a fourth to half of your commission compared to the old system. The odds are still against the retailer. The risk is upon the retailer instead of the company. This is why the retailer has to have a contract to protect themselves. It is almost like playing the lottery sometimes.

As far as I know, any standard install is up to 4 tuners..there fore, if your cust wants 5 tuners he must pay for the extra work and switches needed.....So you are covered..If the cust wants to go beyond 4 tuners, they must pay for the dp34 ,the extra receiver and the additional labor...done it before

Texanmutt said:
And how about those charge backs. If a customer buys out of their contract, dish collects $240 from the customer, charges back the retailer and make the retailer go and pick up the equipment themselves.
The reatiler I work for also has an 18 month agreeemnt with the customer..SO if they default or cancel and buy their way out of the DN agreement, the customer also has to buy their way out of the agreement with us....Obviously we do this to offset the chargeback by DN..If the cust doesn't want to enter the agreeemnt with us, we tell them to shop for satellite elsewhere

JohnTenn said:
Why continue to do FFA promotional sales if you feel you are getting ripped off? DHA promotions are the best deal for retailers, and with very few exceptions, it is almost impossible to lose money. DHA is all the real big retailers do. I haven't seen anybody mention DHA here, why the taboo against it?
It's intersting that no one has mentioned DHA ..That is just about 100% of our sales..I f we do an FFA, it is usually someone with such a poor credit rating that we are getting cash from them at time of install...DN can reimburse them with the monthly credits. We rarely do them though because we demand payment up front at time of install and the cust just gets the monthly credits on their bill. If they don't want to pay up front, we tell them to have a nice day.

DishMover is supposed to be a free install for six receivers. It used to not be six receivers but they changed that a while back.

It is hard to do DHA when nobody around here has credit cards or do not want to use them the few that do have them.

if you accept the club dish card, dish pays the retailer $100 less for the sale.
Hmm. They must've just changed the rules again. :cool:

It went from a $0 difference to $50 - which seems to have happened because too many of us were waiving the activation fee, and E* wants to make sure we collect it for some reason.

BTW, these types of discusions are probably not appropriate for this forum, and should be held in the private areas of dishretailer.com

Texanmutt said:
That way dish knows which retailer to seek retribution on. :up
Texanmutt Is right, dishretailer.com has all retailers info. what so-called private areas does dishretailer.com really have ? What better forum than the
SatelliteGuys !

SimpleSimon said:
BTW, these types of discusions are probably not appropriate for this forum, and should be held in the private areas of dishretailer.com

I'm not a retailer, but I am interested in how Dish treat's it's retailers because that effects how they'll ultimately treat me.

I also understand the angst, as I've an Uncle that serves a several hundred mile rural area in another state. It's got to the point that it's just not worth his time anymore as the milage not being reimbursed cuts significantly into anything he does make. He's now targetting the RV users with the autotracking antennas, as the custom installations for RV's and the autotracking equipment is where he makes anything, the Sat's pretty much just for the customer only. Also the Internet installs, but everything else is just not worth the time. Doing a quality install that doesn't get affected by the severe changes to the elements is just way to costly, but he's got his pride and won't do anything but the best.

I live in Seattle and can afford to go to cable or another competitor for video, but partially stick with Dish due to my Uncles line of work. When he completely drops Dish, I'll probably do the same.

So Dish, take care of your retailers, you'll have customer churn for those of us that care about the relationship we have with dealers that take care of us.

Once the service goes south, why would we want Dish at all?

Texanmutt said:
That way dish knows which retailer to seek retribution on. :up
dishretailer.com has NOTHING to do with E*.

It is actually a sister site of this one, run by Claude (dishstore.net) and Scott.

The private areas really are. You have to PROVE you're a retailer to gain access.

There's a HUGE amount of great info there for retailers.

I agree with SimpleSimon that dishretailer.com is a good site, But they have too much of my retailer information that I would be very leary speaking about how crappy Dish has gotten over the years. Look at all they have taken from us ! what happened with our lifetime residules ? I got sick last year and had to take some time off for different heart tests and such and my residules completely stopped because I did not sell enough for that quarter. That was three months of residules that they put back in their pockets those greedy bas----s ! I am definitly thinking about leaving Dish. Can anyone tell me if Directv is any better to become a retailer for? Directv can't be any worse can it ? Can you make money with Directv without the BS ?

Funny, none of the rest of us have any problem talking about E* and their dealing in there. ;)

Among other things, we trade tips on how to make sure we get OUR money. :)

SimpleSimon said:
Funny, none of the rest of us have any problem talking about E* and their dealing in there. ;)
Among other things, we trade tips on how to make sure we get OUR money. :)
SimpleSimon--SimpleMinded
Speak for yourself, Who made you King, To speak for the rest of us !
I know what we talk about at dishretailer.com but I would not feel comfortable
telling Charlie & Jim to take their double dealing and greediness and shove it up
their ASS ! at that forum. Do you get the point yet ? SimpleSimon :rolleyes:

So it's better to voice your concerns in a public forum where it is known that Dish employees regulary visit, instead of a private retailer only forum?

Im an E employee and do you think that Im going to go running to chucky about what anyone on here is saying? Slime is not a part of my name, I also support the good quality dealers and subs, I am also very critical of the bad ones that give the rest a bad name. As far as Im concerned a public forum is in most respects the right place to voice ones displeasure with the business practices of a company that they may be dealing with. If it wasnt for public forums such as websites or magazines or the airwaves then companies and people would be getting away with a hell of alot more than they do now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)