Dish still replacing 811's with 811's

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
My 811 died Thursday afternoon sometime...It was slaved to a Replay box. I messed with yesterday then unplugged, plugged back in today and tried everything then called tech support. The tech asked me the typical questions then told be he would replace, I asked if the replacement would be a 211 or another 811, he said and 811. I would have to lease to get a 211 as a replacement, I told him no thanks, I own my stuff :) RMA coming in soon...

Has Dish ever "upgraded" people's receivers when they replace them ?? The 811 isn't that old that they won't have refurb'd units available.

I wonder what would happen for a customer who's paying the monthly "protection" fee and owns a 3000 receiver ?? What would they get ?? I'd guess Dish doesn't have anything that old around....

kb7oeb said:
They must have a ton of 811s if they are planing on redeploying them as SD boxes.

yep. They are calling them "381" or something like that

SD through Dish
HD through OTA only

It is much cheaper for them to ship you an 811 that was traded in on a new receiver than to ship you a new 211.

The fact that they are rebranding it is a good indicator that they have a lot of them in stock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)