dish stock drop

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Cable and satellite companies were mixed Thursday morning, with EchoStar Communications (DISH) down 7 percent at $28.53 after Bloomberg reported that the Securities and Exchange Commission has launched an investigation of possible accounting improprieties.

....and the Charlie show continues.

Check out the Stories, several new ones published today.

1. the big news is Tivos law suit got approved in Texas to go forward. I guess they claim Dishes DVR is too much like a Tivo.

2. Dish is being probed by the SEC for accounting issues

...glad I sold a few weeks ago at 33+.

Charlie lost my confidence in his ability to run the company, he sure didn't have a clue about what the equipment they sold was capable of doing. :river

Hope he gets his act together for the sake of all the customers and employees

No. Since Charile decided against carrying YES network for the gazillenth time (I may exaggerate slightly), all of the Yankee shareholders sold. :)

Hah! They just talked about it on a bloomberg after the bell report. Not good. At least we saw one of their buildings, the dish farms and a receiver plant...

RE: The Tivo suit: Now we now the real reson NBR isn't here yet.

Tivo, on Offense: "Dish's DVRs are a blatent copy of this fine Tivo Patented DVR. See? You can Pause Live Video, just like a Tivo!"

Echostar, on defense: "Oh, yeah? Look, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury. I can't record 'Friends' any time it is on, even if it starts five minutes early. This thing is just a VCR that doesn't use tapes."

Foxbat said:

Tivo, on Offense: "Dish's DVRs are a blatent copy of this fine Tivo Patented DVR. See? You can Pause Live Video, just like a Tivo!"

Echostar, on defense: "Oh, yeah? Look, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury. I can't record 'Friends' any time it is on, even if it starts five minutes early. This thing is just a VCR that doesn't use tapes."
"..and, ours not only don't work like Tivo's, they just plain don't work at all."

no offense but it is a B.S. lawsuit. What about replay TV? or any other DVR

Also the interface is night and day

Foxbat said:

Dish's REAL defense: "Ours are not like Tivos at all. Most of the time it misses the recording completely. Just ask anyone with a 522 or 921." ;)

yojimbo said:
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Cable and satellite companies were mixed Thursday morning, with EchoStar Communications (DISH) down 7 percent at $28.53 after Bloomberg reported that the Securities and Exchange Commission has launched an investigation of possible accounting improprieties.

....and the Charlie show continues.

Now THAT'S compelling.

Dish has what they have coming to them. If they done something wrong then they have to pay the price for their mistakes. What goes around comes around. Things catch up with you eventually one way or another.

Wasn't the Dishplayer out before the Tivo

Dish should counter sue. Wasn't the Dishplayer out before the Tivo. I got mine the first month they were available and I don't remember there being a Tivo at that time. If I remember right Direct had the MS Ultimate TV receiver, but that was later. It had two tuners.

So who copied who. I liked my Dishplayer better than my current 508, but Dish dropped the contract with MS; so the software never got updated and the Recored List would be corrupt all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts