Dish stopped AutoPay after Voom addition?

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
I checked my bank account and Dish hadn't drawn their autopay on the on the day that they usually take it last week.

I called a CSR(that could barely speak english) and they said it was the bank not allowing the draft and she couldn't help me.

I played CSR roullette and called back. The second CSR(very plain english) said that I had stopped the autopay and I would need to restart it. I told her all I did was upgrade to Voom tier and never altered my autopay.

I gave her my info again and everything is kewl. Within seconds, the draft showed up on my bank account.

I dunno if this will be the norm for all who have upgraded to the Voom tier that were prepaid HD for a year.

Just letting you know my trials and tribulations. :(

YMMV - ;)

I'll let you know on 6/7 But on the website my status still says Auto Pay and the bill still says your credit card will be charged on 6/7. So must've just been an isolated anomaly

I may be possible that changing the amount requires re-authorization. However if autopay is going to a credit card I see no reason why. But if it's going to a debit card (or checking account) it may protect you from an overdraft situation. In either case it should be handled at the same time as the change of programming occurred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)