Dish Store to carry Superdish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Any plans for the Dish Store to stock Superdishes, or perhaps an equivalent Ku-band dish? Seems like there are many people here who might be interested.

Good question!

We would LOVE to! I know Claude has had talks with Dish about the SuperDISH but I don't know the outcome.

It would be cool if he could put together a very Super SuperDISH using all legacy equipment including all the switches and everything. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Good question!

We would LOVE to! I know Claude has had talks with Dish about the SuperDISH but I don't know the outcome.

It would be cool if he could put together a very Super SuperDISH using all legacy equipment including all the switches and everything. :)

It looks like to me that the hard part of building a 'SuperDish' clone is the spacing between the 105 lnb and the 110 lnb. That is why the center lnb on the 'SuperDish' has the funny looking feed horn. That's why I went with a separate 36" dish for the 105 sat, and kept the dish 500 for 110 and 119. A separate dish for the 105 sat is probably the solution for the people outside dish's so called 'footprint' map.

I would think that the first generic SuperDish to be built would be dedicated for one satellite (105 or 121) to be added in addition to what you currently have.

bcw said:
It looks like to me that the hard part of building a 'SuperDish' clone is the spacing between the 105 lnb and the 110 lnb. That is why the center lnb on the 'SuperDish' has the funny looking feed horn.
The center feedhorn is odd because it is for the lower power FSS signal. The wierd LNB is the DBS 110º one that has a pointed end (to fit close to the FSS feedhorn). A standard single DBS LNBF is on the outrigger for 119º.

Stargazer said:
I would think that the first generic SuperDish to be built would be dedicated for one satellite (105 or 121) to be added in addition to what you currently have.
I agree. A dedicated FSS dish wouldn't take much. Perhaps with some creativity a second dish that does FSS 105º and 121º will be created in about six months.

JL

Stargazer said:

If I was building one from scratch, Winegard DS-3100 or 3101 1 meter dish, Eagle Aspen P2700DU LNBF for legacy or STK-570F for 'Dishpro'. would have to find a feed horn for the 570f.

justalurker said:
bcw said:
It looks like to me that the hard part of building a 'SuperDish' clone is the spacing between the 105 lnb and the 110 lnb. That is why the center lnb on the 'SuperDish' has the funny looking feed horn.
The center feedhorn is odd because it is for the lower power FSS signal. The wierd LNB is the DBS 110º one that has a pointed end (to fit close to the FSS feedhorn). A standard single DBS LNBF is on the outrigger for 119º.

Stargazer said:
I agree. A dedicated FSS dish wouldn't take much. Perhaps with some creativity a second dish that does FSS 105º and 121º will be created in about six months.

JL

I think we mis communicated, the feed horn I was refereing to was the pointy one.

vi is [[13~^[[15~^[[15~^[[19~^[[18~^ a
muk[^[[29~^[[34~^[[26~^[[32~^ch better editor than this emacs. I know
I^[[14~'ll get flamed for this but the truth has to be
said. ^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D ^[[D^[^[[D^[[D^[[B^
exit ^X^C quit :x :wq dang it :w:w:w :x ^C^C^Z^D
-- Jesper Lauridsen <rorschak@daimi.aau.dk> from alt.religion.emacs
lipitor buy lipitor lipitor online The more things change, the more they'll never be the same again.
lipitor buy lipitor lipitor online Also, the Scots are said to have invented golf. Then they had
to invent Scotch whiskey to take away the pain and frustration.

Bender: I can't keep running people over. I'm not famous enough
to get away with it.
soma buy soma soma online Matz's Law:
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
soma buy soma soma online Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know.
-- Daniel J. Boorstin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts