Dish... Subcontract installs have got to Go!!!

The impression I get, is that Dish wants to find any reason they can to backcharge the techs, so that Dish has more $ in their pockets. No wonder people complain about installs and such. Makes a person want to really go out of their way, only to have it come back to bite you!

I am a contactor and have been for over 20 years, you can get an experienced tech that does the job correct or have one of those shiney vans can to your house and catch it on fire. The HSP's are a revolving door company. Some of those techs have 1 week in t he field. Now that is who I want to work in my house. I understand some contractors are just as bad. Most of them either left the HSp for a little better money or were fired form the HSP. Heck a HSP contracting company in Memphis was partially owned by the regional manager of the HSP. So you just have to take what is dealt to you. Sure you will get free wall fisches or whatever you want with an HSP, just gripe enough. But I would rather pay for a professional installation that have the guy fall through my roof in the process.

Do Dish installers want to make better money?

Quit! There are too many of you, make it were Dish Installation companies are needing lots of help, and are willing to start paying better bucks for installers.

Supply and demand, there are too many of you for the jobs, and therefore, no one is willing to pay you the money to do the work.

But, i will say this, I'd rather do my own installs, than to have someone come onto my property and screw something up. However, it is getting harder and harder for a customer to do their own install.

Biggest thing I can't stand, roof mount of my Dish. I don't care what other customers want, or get, but I will never have a roof mount again, ever. The one time I let a "Professional" install my system, he screwed more stuff up, and I had to go back and fix everything--take dish off of my roof. Not to mention in the middle of the install he handed me his drill and said "you do it" because he hit something that caused my breaker to flip--which later turned out to be electrical wires for my outlets to which I had to replace. For two cable runs, there was FOUR holes drilled into my siding, three holes for one cable, and the other one he actually used for the cable.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, just because they have Dish Network or Directv on the side of the van doesn't mean they are from Dish Network or Directv, or that they are not from the same company. There is a satellite installation company here, that has both vans in their fenced in yard. Workers work on both, and drive both vans--not at the same time of course :).

So that don't mean nothing.

i signed up for this forum just so i can post on this thred.

i work for DNS (Dish Network Services) and we take pride in our work, we get paid by hour, not by the jobs we work for Dish Network The Company it self. not sub contractor, dish network sub contractor are not as good as DNS.

DirectTv: directtv does not have their own service department. they strickly uses sub contractor.

so if you are getting new dish. just tell them to leave note that u want DNS Tech.

so if you are getting new dish. just tell them to leave note that u want DNS Tech.

ROFL!!

Good luck with that one. Not every area or state has a DNS office. And as already stated, there are bad apples in every bunch. My recommendation (not to backstab my own RSP or any other installer out there) is to go with a LOCAL RETAILER whom you can look in the eye and go to if you have any problem what-so-ever.

>>>SATMAN IN MEMPHIS

WTF's with that avatar. You wrong for that!! (as they say in hickory hood.)

ROFL. I'm not installing jack for anybody anymore. I do QC's sometimes, and I go to school every day. I'm going to become a mechanic, because they don't get charged back, and they don't have "free installs." Besides, there are enough idiots working on cars around Memphis, that I suspect I can beat them, even being a noob. I got lazy one day and took my wife's celica to Chuck Hutton instead of Performance on Winchester. The "Black Tail Magazine Shake Joint" across the street should have clued me in on what to expect. There is not one single thing that Chuck Hutton Toyota can ever do to get my business back. I will gladly pay Performance to fix CH's foul up. Stupid tax.

Last edited:
i signed up for this forum just so i can post on this thred.

i work for DNS (Dish Network Services) and we take pride in our work, we get paid by hour, not by the jobs we work for Dish Network The Company it self. not sub contractor, dish network sub contractor are not as good as DNS.

DirectTv: directtv does not have their own service department. they strickly uses sub contractor.

Glad to hear your input, welcome to the forums.

Please do note, that everytime you hear about a subcontractor's install its because something went wrong with it. Think about it. Would you ever hear a co-worker or boss come up to you and say, "Hey, this one sub contractor does REALLY good work and gets almost no TCs or failed QCs! We never have to worry about HIS work!" No, you'll only hear about the bad ones you are sent out to fix. Same with DNSC techs. We don't hear about the good ones, we just get to see the bad work that is thrown to us on occasion to fix.

Edit: Oh, and I don't take pride in my work. Pride is an emotion that is never warranted. Ever. Not in our countries, not in our children, not in our work... There is one exception. I'll give ya a cookie if you can guess it. :p But I know what you mean. You're not scared to discuss what you did on a job.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)