Dish Sues Fitness Home Streaming Companies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Bloomberg:

Dish Network Corp. and its Sling TV unit filed lawsuits accusing three of the biggest players in streaming at-home fitness programs of infringing patents for technology that improves the quality of video content over the internet.

The suits, filed Tuesday in federal courts in Texas and Delaware, accuse Peloton Interactive Inc., NordicTrack maker Icon Health & Fitness Inc. and Mirror owner Lululemon Athletica Inc. of using Dish’s patented technology that “allows Internet users to stream content from across the world in real time at the highest possible quality.”
Separately, Dish and Sling filed a complaint with the U.S. International Trade Commission in Washington, seeking to block U.S. imports of products including Peloton stationary bikes, NordicTrack treadmills and Mirror workout panels.

The patents cited in the lawsuits relate to ways of improving online video quality, particularly when users do things like fast-forward or rewind programs. They also allow for browsing of multiple streams without hiccups and adjust for a user’s bandwidth. Sling said it uses the technology in offering subscriptions to live TV channels over the internet. -------

“allows Internet users to stream content from across the world in real time at the highest possible quality.”

We are talking about Sling, right? I like Sling, it is a great service, but the "highest possible quality"?

Ok, and what does that have to do with Dish suing Peleton, et al, for patent violations? If they displayed a "TV Guide" copyright notice on the old EPG, it meant they had a license to use the copyrighted material. The license may have resulted from a court settlement, but that's irrelevant to the current patent issue.

Reactions: TheKrell
Ok, and what does that have to do with Dish suing Peleton, et al, for patent violations? If they displayed a "TV Guide" copyright notice on the old EPG, it meant they had a license to use the copyrighted material. The license may have resulted from a court settlement, but that's irrelevant to the current patent issue.
Hello...they got sued for patent infringement...lost to tivo too..this is hilarious

Hello...they got sued for patent infringement...lost to tivo too..this is hilarious
Ok, I'm glad companies protecting their intellectual property amuses you...

Dish did come out of the TIVO settlement holding a life of the patents license from TIVO, so it wasn't a complete loss. I haven't found any links to a TV Guide/Dish lawsuit. TV Guide owner NTVB Media also publishes OnDISH magazine for Dish, so I'd be curious to see what the lawsuit was about.

Ok, I'm glad companies protecting their intellectual property amuses you...

Dish did come out of the TIVO settlement holding a life of the patents license from TIVO, so it wasn't a complete loss. I haven't found any links to a TV Guide/Dish lawsuit. TV Guide owner NTVB Media also publishes OnDISH magazine for Dish, so I'd be curious to see what the lawsuit was about.
You really need to learn to use google

You really need to learn to use google

Thank you... I didn't realize the action predated Dish and TV Guide both changing corporate ownership and was searching under the current names. Again though, Dish/Echostar came out of the settlement with the licenses needed to continue using the technology. Expensive, but obviously not fatal.

Thank you... I didn't realize the action predated Dish and TV Guide both changing corporate ownership and was searching under the current names. Again though, Dish/Echostar came out of the settlement with the licenses needed to continue using the technology. Expensive, but obviously not fatal.
Dish never changed corporate owenship..they just split with echostar for a spin off sale that never happened...it was actually prevue channel that sued dish..somehow became tvguide channel...now pop sugar or something like that

Dish never changed corporate owenship..they just split with echostar for a spin off sale that never happened...it was actually prevue channel that sued dish..somehow became tvguide channel...now pop sugar or something like that
Dish Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH) was spun off from EchoStar Corp. (NASDAQ: SATS) as a separate company in 2008.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)