DISH Sues Univision

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
More and more of a wall being built between the two. I can't see these two coming to an agreement to bring Univision back on Dish even after all the lawsuits are finalized.

Now I see why Univision set an outrageous Carriage rate: Univision was mad that dish was likely not going to let go of what dish believed was patent infringement, so Dish was punished by Univision. Once it was clear that Univision wasn't interested in returning to Dish, then Dish went ahead and sued Univision. Univision may have even wanted a clause prohibiting Dish from suing Univision for the relevant patents, as DirecTV required TiVo to agree before moving forward on the underwhelming THR22. That's my take, anyway.

Interesting because some companies continue to do business with each other even though they're both in a lawsuit against each other. For example, while Apple was suing Samsung, both Apple and Samsung happily continued to do business with each other through the entire costly lawsuit. When TiVo sued EcoStar, tivo's CEO Tom Rogers and echostar/dish's Chairman Charlie Ergen we're still friends during the entire lawsuit.

Even more strange, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the line Dish and Univision reach a settlement on the patent infringement and Univision comes back to Dish.

Ya never know. Money talks
Exactly, I think Univision not being on Dish is hurting both dish and Univision, but probably more costly for Univision. This is not Beyond Univision and Dish coming to some sort of an agreement or arrangement that would please both parties and bring Univision back to Dish. Don't be surprised if they even become partners and lovers in some new venture as a result of this. In business, yesterday's adversary can be tomorrows best friend.

Now I see why Univision set an outrageous Carriage rate: Univision was mad that dish was likely not going to let go of what dish believed was patent infringement, so Dish was punished by Univision. Once it was clear that Univision wasn't interested in returning to Dish, then Dish went ahead and sued Univision. Univision may have even wanted a clause prohibiting Dish from suing Univision for the relevant patents, as DirecTV required TiVo to agree before moving forward on the underwhelming THR22. That's my take, anyway.

Interesting because some companies continue to do business with each other even though they're both in a lawsuit against each other. For example, while Apple was suing Samsung, both Apple and Samsung happily continued to do business with each other through the entire costly lawsuit. When TiVo sued EcoStar, tivo's CEO Tom Rogers and echostar/dish's Chairman Charlie Ergen we're still friends during the entire lawsuit.

Even more strange, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point down the line Dish and Univision reach a settlement on the patent infringement and Univision comes back to Dish.
There is a long history of this, as CEOs are replaced in business frequently, and successful companies are not successful by maintaining grudges and personal vendettas. They are successful by offering the best service for the best price combination. The only businesses I can likely say will never do business together ever is Charlie Ergen and anything ATT. And that is from 2009ish, long before DTV or HBO was an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts