Dish support for RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Snow on the rooftop

Original poster
Jun 26, 2020
Ohio
I had Dish Network installed at my home address and I have leased two more receivers that I put in my RV at a permanent campsite about 35 miles from my home address. They are different zip codes. The RV site already had a dish setup on the site and I was able to activate the receivers. A golf cart hit the RV dish post and bent it out of alignment so I need to have it reset. Will Dish Network realign my dish or do I need to get an independent installer to help? I have Dish Protect Silver included in my package.

I had Dish Network installed at my home address and I have leased two more receivers that I put in my RV at a permanent campsite about 35 miles from my home address. They are different zip codes. The RV site already had a dish setup on the site and I was able to activate the receivers. A golf cart hit the RV dish post and bent it out of alignment so I need to have it reset. Will Dish Network realign my dish or do I need to get an independent installer to help? I have Dish Protect Silver included in my package.

Do you think the post will need to be replaced? Is it something you can do and then realign? In the past if I couldn't do it myself I called directly to an installer and paid to have it done when not at the residence I had listed. (I had only one residence but had "moved.") An installer here will have the full answer I am guessing DISH would come to the address on your account.

As mentioned previously, you could easily realign most satellite dishes with a 7/16" wrench. However, if you are unable to due to either damage to the pole or dish, your only option is to get an independent installer, since dish will only send a tech to the place registered on your account. If you mention RV, Dish will also tell you that they cannot send a tech since they do not do maintenance on them (unless its one of those permanently parked RV's, which are considered a permanent residence).

You could call and say that you are currently at your vacation/seasonal home, have your address updated and a tech sent out, but there is no guarantee that the tech will agree to work on the install or not. There is some tech's on this website that could say if that's even feasible or not.

Thank you. My RV is in a campground on a seasonal permanent site and has not been moved since the dealer delivered it here. We normally live at home. The post was bumped which made it lean a little bit. The way it was bumped was from the “side” and should not have affected the elevation or azimuth alignment. It would have changed the skew angle. I straightened the pole up and made sure it was plumb. I am in southern Ohio using the western arc satellites. The only signal I could get was on 119 with a strength of 20. I have tried making adjustments but could not get it to be any better. I don’t have a signal strength meter so I had my granddaughter let me know what signal strength was on the diagnostics screen on the TV while using walkie talkies. I will try to find an independent tech to see if he could come out.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)