Dish Survey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Dish is running a customer survey using the Hopper customer subset.
The raffle grand prize for participating is a new Kindle $199 value

I like Kindles, so even though I normally don't participate in surveys, I decide to participate in this one.

Then I click on the "Terms " and figure it's just going to be Plain Jane boiler plate.

When i read this, my libertarian instincts tell me to pass on this one and I hit delete instead.

1. Publicity Rights: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a Winner's name, town and state, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor's photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, in perpetuity, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and Winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.

Seems crazy to me to consent to something like this for a couple hundred dollars.

Dish is running a customer survey using the Hopper customer subset.
The raffle grand prize for participating is a new Kindle $199 value

I like Kindles, so even though I normally don't participate in surveys, I decide to participate in this one.

Then I click on the "Terms " and figure it's just going to be Plain Jane boiler plate.

When i read this, my libertarian instincts tell me to pass on this one and I hit delete instead.

1. Publicity Rights: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a Winner's name, town and state, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor's photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, in perpetuity, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and Winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.

Seems crazy to me to consent to something like this for a couple hundred dollars.

No doubt.Might as well raffle your soul to the devil.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised you read it. Who reads the multiple pages of fine print T&Cs? CYA to the Max.

I do not know about this thread when I got the email to the survey, kind of wish I would have though

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

...Publicity Rights: Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to use a Winner's name, town and state, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor's photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, in perpetuity, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and Winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.

Are you really worried that they are going to love your "mug" so much that they will actually broadcast it in perpetuity? :D

All sweepstake have the same rules. The lottery has the same rules also, but the pot is a lot bigger. But it is scary to think of the state posting your name and address as a winner of one million or more dollars. Would bring out all the crooks.

Well I didn't have to sign my life away to enter contests here at satguys!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts