Dish switching from 4 leased tuners to 6!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Dish announced on their retalier chat this morning that they will be switching from 4 leased tuners on a customer's account to 6. Good news for people with larger homes and multiple TVs. Also going to have a $6 monthly fee for all DVRs on account. I think most people knew that already. Package prices look like they are staying the same and promotions will remain.

They will no longer offer the cinemax for a penny, which most people know.

Dish announced on their retalier chat this morning that they will be switching from 4 leased tuners on a customer's account to 6. Good news for people with larger homes and multiple TVs. Also going to have a $6 monthly fee for all DVRs on account. I think most people knew that already. Package prices look like they are staying the same and promotions will remain.

They will no longer offer the cinemax for a penny, which most people know.

Did they confirm the new receiver fees?

Disn't say anything about receiver fees yet. They did mention a new SD receiver though. It's a single SD DVR receiver similar to the 612. It will be called a 512, available in Feb.

I wasn't sure if everyone heard the 6 tuner part. Did anyone hear of the 512 receiver before today? That was a surprise to me.

I am already paying $17 per month for a second 722 with all the fees. Am I missing something? Whats the big change?

If you're now paying $17, then you must be paying $7 for the lease fee, $5 for the DVR fee, and $5 for not having the receiver connected to a phone line or internet. Most are paying $12. The new fee structure is $17 per HD DVR with an account level charge of $6 as a DVR fee. Thus E* will be picking up several additional dollars from subs over what most are paying now -- at a minimum, an additional $5 per HD DVR after the first.

My understanding was that the 612 counted as a single tuner. Was that incorrect on my part?

Yes, as a single tuner, but it has been mentioned (whether it will be the case or not when all is officially announced) there is a three receiver limit. Thus three 612s would count as 3 tuners and also as three receivers. Three 722ks would count as 6 tuners and 3 receivers.

Last edited:
Yes, as a single tuner, but it has been mentioned (whether it will be the case or not when all is officially announced) there is a three receiver limit. Thus three 612s would count as 3 tuners and also as three receivers. A 722k would count as 6 tuners and 3 receivers.

Not correct with the tuner count. E* has a 4 tuner max. So in theory at least, a person currently can lease 4 612's. Now if it's bumped to 6 tuners *and* there will be one all-inclusive DVR fee, the 612 solution would make more sense than before. But, some of that DVR savings will be recouped by E* in the form of leased receiver fees.

Not correct with the tuner count. E* has a 4 tuner max. So in theory at least, a person currently can lease 4 612's. Now if it's bumped to 6 tuners *and* there will be one all-inclusive DVR fee, the 612 solution would make more sense than before. But, some of that DVR savings will be recouped by E* in the form of leased receiver fees.

One of the retailers on the board said there was now a three receiver limit although a 6 tuner limit. I didn't listen to the chat so I can't vouch for the 3 receiver limit. I'm not sure what you are saying about the tuner count being incorrect in my post.

When explaining the 6 tuner limit they flashed a graphic on screen that said '6 Tuners / 3 Receivers'. That was it. No explanation.

The chat re-plays at 0300 ET tomorrow morning according to the guide so anybody who missed it can watch or DVR it then.

When explaining the 6 tuner limit they flashed a graphic on screen that said '6 Tuners / 3 Receivers'. That was it. No explanation.

The chat re-plays at 0300 ET tomorrow morning according to the guide so anybody who missed it can watch or DVR it then.

I've been over that amount for over a year.

I have a 722 and 3 522s. All 4 of them have 2 tuners. At one point I also had a 508 active but that one is owned by me. I guess they made an exception when they switched me the three 522s for the three owned 721s.

OF COURSE THEY ARE INCREASING THE ALLOWABLE LEASED TUNER FEES!!! They are jacking the prices WAY UP on the fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts