Dish switching from 4 leased tuners to 6!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OF COURSE THEY ARE INCREASING THE ALLOWABLE LEASED TUNER FEES!!! They are jacking the prices WAY UP on the fees.

Well put think about it this for a second, They want an upfront lease fee of $150-200 for each box after the 1st box if it is a DVR and $100 for 222.

They just jacked up the price on 722k to $17 per month. No way this box costs dish more than $300 to make and more than likely much less than that even. So over 24 months they collect $408 in lease fee's plus another $150-200 for the box itself. So over 2 years they are collecting between $550-600 for a box that costs then less than $300 to make as they wholesale for under $300 as many dealers are selling them for $350 with free shipping. And they still own the box too not like you are renting to own and after 2 years you own the box.

Most computer/office hardware leases have you pay between 50-60% of the sale price over 3 years.

So the only reason Dish was limiting the amount of receivers people had on their account was so people would not share accounts with others as Dish has no way beside the phone line to check where the receivers are installed. But I guess with the new high prices Dish no longer cares if people are installing receivers in 2nd homes or people are splitting service between multiple locations as they are getting so much more for their receiver and paying no additional programing fee either.

I'm sure they still care if people are account stacking. They just figured that if it is going on then they need to start collecting fees somehow on it yet dont have to pay the programmers anything extra.

To clear up the leased receiver talk, it is suppose to be 6 leased tuners/3 receivers. That means you can have 3 dual tuner receivers. If you want all 612 receivers you should only be able to lease 3 of them as that would be 3 receivers.

The 722 receiver cost dealers more than $300 for your info. These things aren't cheap, and they are suppose to retail for about $500.

a leak source indicates E will charge extra for not having constant phone connection, so it will be 17 bucks plus extra for no phone connection.........

$$$$$$$ dancing in the bean counters brains.

So if you have cell service and no landline/broadband connection available in your area which would apply to many that have satellite, then your screwed into paying a LOT more. Looks like Directv will see a huge increase in the number of subscribers they get as a result. Dish Network wants a $5 increase per 2 tv output receiver regardless of whether someone has phoneline connected or not. Personally, I think $14 is highway robbery for a dual tuner receiver that has NO DVR functions! That is an increase from $5 to $14, an increase of $9!!!!!

Dish Network must have figured that most people will have no more than 3-4 televisions in their homes and that there should be no need for more than 2-3 receivers on an account. If their first receiver on their account is a dual tuner then there is no additioanal fees other than the $6 DVR fee (would be $1 more than if you had a 322/222 with no phone line connected) while those with a second receiver on their account would handle tv 3 with a 612/211 or tv 3 and 4 with two 612's or 625/722/222.

Well my 722s are in single mode, lots of good shows tend to be on at the exact same time:(

so a 722 is 17 bucks plus a 5 buck or whatever for not having phone or internet connected.

i do realize i have too many receivers both 722s are full, plus I have a mostly full EHD, i am afraid to connect the last time i did it erased everything on the internal hard drive.

a leak source indicates E will charge extra for not having constant phone connection, so it will be 17 bucks plus extra for no phone connection.........

$$$$$$$ dancing in the bean counters brains.

Scott reported that his Dish contacts at CES said his updated information was accurate (too accurate for their liking) which means one charge, connection or no connection. Scott has already called you on that at least once.

Scott reported that his Dish contacts at CES said his updated information was accurate (too accurate for their liking) which means one charge, connection or no connection. Scott has already called you on that at least once.

we shall see, perhaps my sources are wrong?

scott also said people would have reason to be connected but never expained that.:(

and no phone connection wouldnt that invite stacking?

every stacked location is one less overall subscription. e needs growth, no fiancial incentive would slow growth

Bob, I think what was said is that they rolled the tv 2- 5.00 connection fee into the equipment fee and did away with the dvr fee NAME on the extra receivers . SO if you have an additional dual tuner hd dvr with tv 1 /2 output on your account after the first one, you get one $17.00 equipment fee. It doesn't matter if you plug it in any more since they are including it into the equipment fee regardless. So it used to be like this:

7.00 additional hd receiver
5.00 dvr fee
----------------------------
$12.00 for an additional hd dvr receiver.

Then if you didn't plug your receivers into a phone line after the first one, you got another 5.00 ding on your bill. So instead of two separate charges for the extra leased receiver and the tv 2 connection fee , you get one equipment fee charge for $17.00. So it isn't going to be $17.00 charge and another $5.00 tv 2 connection fee.

DISH is trying to eliminate the IDEA that they are the king of nickel and dime fees , with separate charges on your bill. I think they will succeed with this since they came up with this new equipment fee charges . They are now the Home of the ONE BIG ASS Equipment fees instead.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)