Dish Tailgate

Ridgerunner61

Original poster
Oct 5, 2016
Harvest, AL
Hi, I'm new to this forum, will be switching to DISH tomorrow. I have the Hopper 3 w/Joey's. I was wanting to be able to use one of the room receivers for when we go camping and tailgating like we currently are able to do with Directv but the Dish Rep said I would have to purchase a different receiver but was not able to explain clearly why.

If someone in this forum knows this to be true and the reason, please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Hi, I'm new to this forum, will be switching to DISH tomorrow. I have the Hopper 3 w/Joey's. I was wanting to be able to use one of the room receivers for when we go camping and tailgating like we currently are able to do with Directv but the Dish Rep said I would have to purchase a different receiver but was not able to explain clearly why.

If someone in this forum knows this to be true and the reason, please enlighten me.

Thanks,
The only receiver you would be able to use as a camping/tailgater is the Hopper itself. The Joeys are simply clients of the Hopper and can't be used a standalones. The Hopper is a bit more complex than regular receivers but can be used in the way you would like. The common receiver and the only receiver you can use with a Hopper setup for this type of thing is the 211.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)