Dish Techs please help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tinydoughboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I have posted about this before,

I have a 722 receiver, the receiver keeps rebooting itself after 5 min of getting a singal and my programming coming on my tv. This repeats itself regularly. I called Dish they send me another 722 receiver. I have also had the tech come out and replaced the components that hook into the cable. They are not sure why this keeps happening.

I am in the process of calling Dish again and seeing about getting another receiver but I just wanted to see if anyone had any resolution for me: Here is a few things I have done:

I have changed the outlet to where I plug my power protector into. I have also tried plugging the reciever directly into that electric outlet, Then I have also moved my receiver to the other side of the house and it keeps doing the same. I am a loss for words any help would be appreciated.

Let is also be said that when the receiver does this it goes about 20 or 30 times rebooting, then it will go a few hours and be ok. So I am at a loss for words!

Is it locking up at "acquiring satellite" and then re-booting or does it go to live TV then re-boots.

Does it pixelate or macroblock right before the picture freezes.

I had a weak signal and when the fog “slowly” rolled in, the picture would
pixelate first for a few frames, right before the picture froze and then re-booted.
If the signal disappeared fast, I would get "acquiring satellite".

I would monitor Point Dish signal strength bar graph to see if signal jump's up and down and lss is too great.

Point Dish
Menu > 6 > 1 > 1

If you’re using OTA antenna, I would disable that to see what happens.

The vip 622 likes air flow and does not like a tight enclosure because of heat. You can check temperature of the hard drive by:
Menu > 6 > 3 > counters > page down 7 times. (Over 130F is too hot)

Does it pixelate or macroblock right before the picture freezes.

I had a weak signal and when the fog “slowly” rolled in, the picture would
pixelate first for a few frames, right before the picture froze and then re-booted.
If the signal disappeared fast, I would get "acquiring satellite".

I would monitor Point Dish signal strength bar graph to see if signal jump's up and down and lss is too great.

Point Dish
Menu > 6 > 1 > 1

If you’re using OTA antenna, I would disable that to see what happens.

The vip 622 likes air flow and does not like a tight enclosure because of heat. You can check temperature of the hard drive by:
Menu > 6 > 3 > counters > page down 7 times. (Over 130F is too hot)

Thanks for the info,

It's not pixeling it just like a freeze frame and reboots, the reciever will do an entire boot and come back up trying to find signal, I have the receiver on toop of my stand which is away from any heat, but I will see if that does have anything to do with it...again thanks for the info

Grounding issue. Is the receiver connected to a phone line. If so, try leaving it disconnected for a week as phone lines are often miswired and can lead to 50 volts crossing the receiver chassis, causing problems.

Another possibility is there is a condition called ground skew present at your home. Somehow current might be grounding out by crossing from electrical or phone to the satellite system's ground or from the satellite system to the house ground through the plug.

One check would be to disconnect the satellite in wire and leave the satellite receiver connected and see if it reboots in that time without any sat signal present. If it continues to reset, then disconnect every wire except power and see if it will stay green lite lit for a good while.

What is the status of your satellite ground? Look for a ground block (google it if you need to see an image) and see if it is bonded to the same ground as your house electrical system. If you post pictures from dish to home entry point, we can determine that for you.

Do you have more than one receiver in the home? Do you have a second TV connected to the 722? If either of these conditions exist, try turning off the circuit breaker to those devices and see if the 722 stays on. If it does, there's some kind of voltage backfeed.

The never-ending rebooting is a known issue of some 722's. My aunt had the same problem. Dish did ask us to go through the motions (check the outlet business), but refused, as her set-up is very difficult to deal with. I informed the CSR that the constant 722 reboots was a known issue. He put us on hold, then came back on the line and said they would send a replacement 722 immediately saying that we sure seemed to know a lot about Dish Network equipment as his supervisor confirmed that this is, indeed, a known issue of some 722's.

Call up Dish and get it replaced and enjoy TV again.

I had a 811 about that time and it would do the same thing. at times it would reboot completely and sometimes it would start then suddenly go back to the channel I was watching. almost a 6 minute reboot, missed a lot at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts