Dish Timer Suggestion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
I wish that timers had a checkbox for "Don't record episodes with no program data". Some networks like to spam entire season recaps without program data (Ninja Warrior) and it fills up the DVR at an annoying rate. Some series I want to be sure I don't miss anything so assuming a program with no data is "new" is a good thing. There are quite a few however I'd be happy to skip.

Anyone else think this is a worthy feature to add?

You might miss something you want to record. I regularly check what's scheduled to be recorded/skipped by pressing the dvr button 3 times then scrolling over to the list and then using the info button to check the schedule for the week,

There are shows I don't want to miss and shows I have a mild interest in. The "can't miss" shows would be set to record even if there is no show information. The "mild interest" ones would be set to not record if there is no show information. I do on occasion review the weekly schedule and skip no-data shows. I just with I didn't have to do it.

My guess this feature would never get into the DVR since its a fairly technical question that most users wouldn't understand or care about. I guess I can just set the max # shows recorded setting and live with duplicate shows.

Of course the real solution is to get a better show information provider. I really liked the detailed descriptions I used to get on my Tivo.

I wish that timers had a checkbox for "Don't record episodes with no program data". Some networks like to spam entire season recaps without program data (Ninja Warrior) and it fills up the DVR at an annoying rate. Some series I want to be sure I don't miss anything so assuming a program with no data is "new" is a good thing. There are quite a few however I'd be happy to skip.

Anyone else think this is a worthy feature to add?

I totally get what your saying. I had to actually delete the timer for Deadliest Catch because there were at least 20 old episodes with no program data set to record and I got tired of going through them one by one to skip them.