Dish to add big ten network to NYC dma

Same email in Arizona as well.

We are always looking for ways to increase the value of your DISH service. We are thrilled to announce that we have added Big Ten Network (BTN) to your package, at no extra cost to you. Enjoy 24-hour coverage of all 14 Big Ten conference universities, including football, basketball, championship events, and award-winning original programming, plus in-depth studio analysis and classic games. Big Ten Network can be found on Channel 405 or 410.

Did they change the package too ? Previously, you had to have AT120+ or higher.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I think it's only in the NYC DMA because of Rutgers joining the Big Ten. If it was becoming a nationwide carriage network then they wouldn't bother just adding to one DMA at a time.
Well, you're wrong. it's now nationwide like SEC.

Meh. A bunch of college teams I could care less about. Still unable to see any local pro baseball or basketball games because Dish won't carry Root sports.

Meh. A bunch of college teams I could care less about. Still unable to see any local pro baseball or basketball games because Dish won't carry Root sports.
That's what I said about SEC when it launched and was shoved into my package.

...it was 120 and up.
Not not-picking, but I was curious if it changed packages myself as we only have AT120 and don't get it. It's actually, or used to be, in AT120+. I just checked and am not getting it.

Oddly, it shows in my guide under "All subscribed" but says "- 0 channels" (it's the expandable group channel placeholder at 405). It shouldn't be showing at all though unless they moved it from 120+ down to 120.

Oddly, it shows in my guide under "All subscribed" but says "- 0 channels" (it's the expandable group channel placeholder at 405). It shouldn't be showing at all though unless they moved it from 120+ down to 120.
BTN used to be hidden unless you subscribed to it, unlike the other college sports networks which always showed up as red in the All Channels list. I noticed with this change that the standard-def feed of BTN is no longer hidden.

Not not-picking, but I was curious if it changed packages myself as we only have AT120 and don't get it. It's actually, or used to be, in AT120+. I just checked and am not getting it.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was 120 or 120+ so I just did the General catchall. I beleive 120+ is 5 bucks extra?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The List, if still up to date and accurate, still lists BIG10 in AT200, FWIW.

Also, if BIG10 had changed packages, would there have been something in an uplink report like "changed package flags"?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts