Dish to air Conventions in HDTV (Now ON THE AIR!)

I just tried to turn it on and it won't go. It tells me this is a special presentation that is not for sale. When I hit info, it shows off air......

Yup the feed is being given to them for free. While HDNet is supplying Dish the feed you are actually watching the feed from NHK (from Japan!)

I watched it last night and turned it off as I was getting tired of watching people trying to act happy and singing Johnny B Good over and over again (Go, go Johnny go)

I heard the only interesting part of the show yesterday was when Triumph the Comic Insult Dog (from the Conan OBriain show) got kicked out of the arena.

David_Levin said:
Like this need to be in HD. They must have been given the feed for free.

Actually, the HD feed was more enjoyable. Besides the obvious improvement in PQ, there were no commentators talking over the speakers, or ignoring some speakers entirely for their ridiculous panal discussions. Even PBS was talking over the speakers at times!

For the DVR, I used CSPAN, as the PQ, while certainly not HD, was well above any of the locals and even CNN. It was sharp and clear, bringing back memories of Dish days gone by. Plus, they also provided uninterrupted coverage, similar to the NHK feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)