Dish to buy Moviepass?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I believe it’s been posted here that he came out ahead. He has a way of seeing how to make a buck that others miss.
Well like I said, if he wrote off the loss of Blockbuster on his corporate taxes is the only way I see he came out ahead, because there is nothing left of Blockbuster as a service or a name even. It's like it never existed - except the three Blockbusters that still exist in Alaska. They are still renting dvds in those stores and there is still a market because broadband and thus streaming is not readily available in that state.

Didn’t want to start a new thread. MoviePass may not be around much longer. They had to borrow $5M to keep going this week after customers were shut out of using the service after their card processor shut them down. Now customers are locked out of watching the new Mission Impossible movie and some folks have reported the surge pricing is higher then the price of a tickets. Some folks say they might not be in business at the end of next week due to running out of money. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

That’s about all they got from that deal. Naming rights to use the Blockbuster name. They closed down the physical stores and sold off the dvds. They didn’t even keep the name for their pay per view movies. I never really understood why Charlie bought a dying company like Blockbuster unless he just wanted a tax write off.

I think he was more interested in the name and stores to sell dish services and later cell phones.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If you can watch the same movies in the theaters at home, then you have a viable service.

If all we are talking about is a pass to go to the movies each day, it’s not gonna happen.

It’s like the Detroit Tigers offering a pass for $25/mo to see each game to fill their empty seats.

Great deal, considering that food alone will generally run $20-$40

One service I saw was $50 to allow you to watch a movie opening night in your home for 24hours.
To me that may be a decent value.. considering the gas you spend to get to the good theaters at least for me (nearest IMAX which is also a huge nice theater is about 80miles away) the ticket prices, soda, popcorn if you get it is just gonna add up to that anyway.

What pisses me off is I have family that buy me fandango gift cards for say $25 but you can't use them at the theater you HAVE to use them online and if you do you get slapped with some lame convenience fee to use it which is just beyond stupid.. so you get two tickets for say $9 each a few of $3 which took $21 from the card - now I'm sitting with $4 on a card which will basically get eating up by that same lame fee.
I've been trying to tell people to just give me a visa gift card instead where I can swipe that at the theater.

But I would certainly pay $50 to watch any opening night movie in my home on my brand new 65" OLED Ultra 4K LG TV and Infinity/JBL surround sound speakers powered by THX Certified Onkyo Receiver all from my nice recliner chair and sofa....

Reactions: MikeD-C05
One service I saw was $50 to allow you to watch a movie opening night in your home for 24hours.
To me that may be a decent value.. considering the gas you spend to get to the good theaters at least for me (nearest IMAX which is also a huge nice theater is about 80miles away) the ticket prices, soda, popcorn if you get it is just gonna add up to that anyway.

What pisses me off is I have family that buy me fandango gift cards for say $25 but you can't use them at the theater you HAVE to use them online and if you do you get slapped with some lame convenience fee to use it which is just beyond stupid.. so you get two tickets for say $9 each a few of $3 which took $21 from the card - now I'm sitting with $4 on a card which will basically get eating up by that same lame fee.
I've been trying to tell people to just give me a visa gift card instead where I can swipe that at the theater.

But I would certainly pay $50 to watch any opening night movie in my home on my brand new 65" OLED Ultra 4K LG TV and Infinity/JBL surround sound speakers powered by THX Certified Onkyo Receiver all from my nice recliner chair and sofa....
I think you have waaay too much expendable cash

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Lol. It’s like an accountant. That cooks for you. And cleans up your stuff. And frankly, is still willing to put up with your crap. I would never give mine up. She is fantastic.

I spend more money now, yet ave more money because she is so freaking smart about how I was spending before. Find a good woman that matches your personality... makes a world of a difference. Luckily, she is my best friend. I love that we have a similar sense of humor. And for me, that is huge, because I have a very sick sense of humor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)