Dish to Launch CNN Enhanced TV

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
EchoStar Communications Corp. will offer CNN Enhanced TV, a content-rich interactive news service, on Dish Network’s “DishHome” channel, officials said Monday.

With CNN Enhanced TV, Dish subscribers will be able to get the latest headlines and images from CNN.com (www.cnn.com), in conjunction with Cable News Network programming, on channel 100, DishHome.

Built by OpenTV Corp., CNN Enhanced TV will enable Dish subscribers to view graphically rich headlines and stories, vote in polls and review on-air schedules through a user interface, all while watching CNN.

CNN Enhanced TV will make many of the latest stories from CNN.com available at any given time across a range of categories, including “Top Stories,” “United States,” “World,” “Technology and Science,” “Sports,” “Showbiz,” “Health” and “Business.”

Using their remotes, Dish subscribers can reach the CNN Enhanced TV channel through DishHome on channel 100 or by pressing “select” when a CNN Enhanced TV commercial is shown on Dish.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6307370.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

Well this will be interesting....1 to see if it actually works, and 2 to see how many people use it......oh and 3 is there an extra cost.....

I wonder if this is just going to replace the Reuters news that is already there. It is way too much trouble to tune in to ch100 then try to find a particular story. I would just tune to CNNH and wait for the story to roll around. If I want to read a story while watching TV I would do this on my computer that has a video capture card. Then I can access anything I want on the internet. That's one of the things I like about the Media Center PC concept.

it is there now

I played with it Sunday.

I didn't realize it was new.

It is pretty slow, and clunky. Reminds me of European Teletext with graphics

Last edited:
I thought you could only get teh interactive stuff on a DVR so I never even looked.

On my 811, the CNN thing works pretty well, it's not slow at all once it's up an running. I'll have to check ou tthe interactive stuff when I get home from work, there's alot there I had no idea existed.

Now this I'm shocked about. I thought they had the better relationship with GE/NBC channels. They don't have a cable company to protect that's a conflict of interest. I've been thinking that GE was the most likely company to purchase Dish.

Now if Dish can only give us a local display of the weather channel, such as cable does, I would be a happy guy.

You would think they would figure out a way to cram local forecasts and animated radar images by now.......

That is what I do, see the news online on yahoo news or something and watch television but sometimes I do go to Headline News for a little while to see what happened during the day for a brief amount of time to get headlines.

Stargazer said:
That is what I do, see the news online on yahoo news or something and watch television but sometimes I do go to Headline News for a little while to see what happened during the day for a brief amount of time to get headlines.

I agree 100%. To me that just makes more sense (and is easier) than going to ch100 and digging through all kinds of menus to find what you want.

New channel showed up tonight(Channel 9426)

E*10 Ku Band?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts