Dish to offer Multi Camera Football

Amazing, Dish trumped Directv again. D*'s been talking trash about doing things like this for ages and they cant get the interactive hardware out the door. I'm giggling silly!! Cant wait to see it.

Interesting offering. Got me to try out Channel 100 for the first time in several months.

I might watch it a bit, except that I have a CRT RP HDTV set and this channel is highly likely to cause screen burn-in on my set (or a plasma set) if watched a lot.

JoeSp said:
My daughter who lives in Atlanta has told me that TBS in Atlanta is a digital signal. Could it be that TBS will be going to HD just like TNT? You can not do multiple angles without HD bandwith! Hummmm!

The OTA TBS is digital and they are currently broadcasting only in the main channel (none of the subchannels are being used.) So far the only thing that has been HD has been the Braves games and only when they are at home at Turner Field. When the broadcast the games I must admit that it is the best HD that I have ever seen. They must preserve the broadcast spec data rate or something because it is just amazing. I am guessing that it stays so nice because they don't have to bounce the signal off of a bird because there is speculation that there is a hardline from Turner Field to the TBS broadcasting station downtown. This may explain why the games are only broadcast in HD when they are at home.
I hope that they do not start using sub channels and eat away that the bandwidth for the main channel. It just looks too good to mess up.

Just my off topic two cents worth.

It would be nice if you could have Dish Home PIP (watch the current channel that your on in the PIP box while doing the Dish Home function).

Jimmy J said:
Must be that P330 is needed in order to see the inact., multi's.
Nope, got that about 10 days ago. If I go to dish home, I get the audio (CourtTV, I believe,) but the old dish home page telling me to "watch for the new dish home coming soon"...

Foxbat said:
Nope, got that about 10 days ago. If I go to dish home, I get the audio (CourtTV, I believe,) but the old dish home page telling me to "watch for the new dish home coming soon"...
Same thing happens on my 811s and 942 w/latest software. I briefly see the mosiac, for a fraction of a second, when exiting back to the main Dish Home menu after selecting Customer Service, etc.

Foxbat said:

Hmmmm...must be rcvr specific for now.

Good News!

The TBS Multicameras will be on dedicated channels 473-477

So you wont have to have an Open TV receiver tho view the individual cameras.

Unfortunetly, the 6 cameras one 1 screen still wont be on a dedicated channel, which they should really have as well...

473 - High End Zone
474 - Goal Post
475 - Reverse Slash (what is this?
476 - Low End Zone
477 - Reverse Low End Zone

I guess the 6th screen they'll show on 100 is the actual game

Something got on the goal post cam, or else it's just been sitting idle out of focus

I'm getting the feed on my regular receiver's channel 100, but not on my 942. Strangely, when I first saw the news release, I thought it listed specific receivers and included the 942.

This sucks, I just turned on my 6000 to check out the different views and it tells me it's a subscription channel that must be purchased. I realize the 6K does not support Open TV, but why won't they allow viewing this event?

For those who don't have the new Dish Home, here is what the multichannel feed looks like.

Good job goes to Dish. :) Les hope they do a LOT more of these. :D

Attachments

• football.jpg
    football.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 160
Thanks Scott. That is one weird Goal Post shot! I'd like to see the kicker put one through those uprights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts