Dish to offer Multi Camera Football

Just to straighten things out a bit here:

High End Zone...okay... North End Zone

Goal Post ... The focus servo got stuck about 4 min into the game. I looked at the video again and noticed that for about 5 minutes they were trying to jar the servo by shaking the camera via servo or banging on the goal posts. The focus servo then took the camera all the way out of focus and the never recovered. About 10 minutes into the game they gave up and selected a new shot. the "Goal Post" cam box now houses the "south 20 yard game camera"

Reverse Slash... is really the 50 yard "iso" or "hero" cam. This camera isolates the expected playmaker for replay. After the play it will get a close up of the end of the play or a coach or crowd. The "Slash" position is a camera in the corner of the stadium or arena. Reverse means the oposite side from the regular cams. This one is neither.

Low End Zone ... Okay ... North End Zone

TBS Feed ... Obvious

Reverse Low End Zone ... A low angle on the opposite side of the other two end zone cams. However, this is not "really" a reverse cam. A reverse angle would be from the oposite side or beyond the mid line of the field from the game camera side. This is really just the South End Zone cam.

BTW after halftime all the angles have only ambiance audio and no announcer audio...Woops! They caught the error. It's bakc at 5:38pm

See ya
Tony

I wish they would've put this on its own channel without the interactive, bump up the current template to have room for 9 video feeds :) :)

Also I wish they could use the interactive the way they did for the olympics, where when you selected the channel it held an interactive element where if you hit select it brought you back to the mosaic

This is very cool, even to a non-football fan. I'm glad the 47x channels are open to the non-opentv receivers like my 921. Now my little SD TV next to the HDTV has even more purpose in life. :D

Was that a streaker on the reverse low reverse end zone cam? I just noticed some one running down the field who shouldn't have been there but wasn't near the TV to see details. LOL!!!

See ya
Tony

The game went long! The TBS box now shows a lock! :) No pix. Way to watch the game master control!

---EDIT--- Okay, this is only for my area (Cincinnati). The Braves vs Reds game is supposed to be on now.

See ya
Tony

I hadn't noticed before reading this post that the new interactive stuff was up & running on my receiver. I only wish I could pick the channels myself.

Thanks for the update.

any chance they can do multicam nascar on TNT..If there ever was a sport that needed multicam its nascar!!!

Foxbat said:
Nope, got that about 10 days ago. If I go to dish home, I get the audio (CourtTV, I believe,) but the old dish home page telling me to "watch for the new dish home coming soon"...

We got the same results yesterday.

What possible reason could nascar have for 6 camera views...
I don't know if there's any other sport that could benefit from this unless I really thought about it for a while. Baseball doesn't need it, hockey doesn't, maybe basketball...

Seriously, why is court tv in the 6 channels anyways? How does it possibly fit into the others? You've got news, finance, weather, entertainment...what's courtv got? They should really replace that with ESPNews, it just makes more logical sense...

I also found it odd that MSNBC got the nod over the obvious choice to oppose cnn, Fox News. I don't watch, but it's clearly the competitor to CNN, wonder who at dish made that democrat decision. Even if they claimed MSNBC was for politics and not news, Fox News is more popular and higher rated than CNN, sad as it is.

I can see people wanting 6 different tv's and 6 tuners just to see all the camera angles during a race. That would be awesome or during the football games.

Purogamer said:
What possible reason could nascar have for 6 camera views...
Mybe some people want to see more of the race than the 2 or 3 leading cars..or perhaps we just want to see the wrecks at different angles :shocked :eek:

I have tried for 2 Saturday's now, but all I get is the audio of the football game not the picture. The picture I get is the dish home and all it's selections. How do I get to see the video?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts