Dish to remove Centroaméricatv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Okay. Sorry you feel that way. But to say that Dish only supports Mexican TV is incorrect. Right now Dish Latino package contains channels from Spain, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Peru, and Chile. Canal Sur also has programming from Bolivia, Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras and Costa Rica.

And BTW, all the "mexican programming" is from American companies Univision (including Galavision and Telefutura), Telemundo, and Azteca America.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony, you missed Canal1 from Ecuador but yes Tony is right on the money there is programming from several Latin America countries not just mexican. I'm very dissapointed that CentroamericaTV was removed from the Dish Latino packages but to be fair, the channel wasn't profitable for Dish Network.

If it wasn't for Dish Network all we would watch will be Mexican programming.

I am here in Arizona, and with some help just found this thread (thanks Slamminc11). It was chaos when CentroamericaTV went off the air here. All the Ticos in town, including my wife, were calling each other up to find out what was going on. Needless to say, they were all very disappointed. My wife misses the evening news and La Pension even if it was old shows.

I wish that it could be resurrected somehow. There definitely seems like there is a market for this channel in the USA especially compared to some of the other crap channels out there.

We solely got DishTV for this channel. As soon as my contract is up, it is adios DishTV.

Kelleyga did you ever hear back from Teletica?

wishing for a CA channel

RandallA said:
TNGTony, you missed Canal1 from Ecuador but yes Tony is right on the money there is programming from several Latin America countries not just mexican. I'm very dissapointed that CentroamericaTV was removed from the Dish Latino packages but to be fair, the channel wasn't profitable for Dish Network.

If it wasn't for Dish Network all we would watch will be Mexican programming.

I am encouraged that Dish Network has Latin American channels available and of course wish that CentroamericaTV was still available, but now Central America is definitely under represented. There are at least 3+ channels dedicated to South American viewers (TV Chile, TV Colombia, Canal 1, Sur*) and now currently zero for Central America. However, there are more Central American than South American immigrants in the USA. Doesn’t make sense to me.

*It appears to me that Canal Sur (http://www.canalsur.com/surtv/) currently only has 1 program from Honduras and none from Panama, Nicaragua, or Costa Rica.

big_sky said:
I am here in Arizona, and with some help just found this thread (thanks Slamminc11). It was chaos when CentroamericaTV went off the air here. All the Ticos in town, including my wife, were calling each other up to find out what was going on. Needless to say, they were all very disappointed. My wife misses the evening news and La Pension even if it was old shows.

I wish that it could be resurrected somehow. There definitely seems like there is a market for this channel in the USA especially compared to some of the other crap channels out there.

We solely got DishTV for this channel. As soon as my contract is up, it is adios DishTV.

Kelleyga did you ever hear back from Teletica?

Hey man....Yo soy tico tambien.....if you can get a 10 ft dish up you can get Teletica on PAS3 or with a 6ft dish you can get Repretel (canal 11 and sometimes canal 6 ).
My understanding is that Teletica is open right now but I am sure that will change soon.......

DMC in Dallas, Georgia.:cool:

ticoman said:
Hey man....Yo soy tico tambien.....if you can get a 10 ft dish up you can get Teletica on PAS3 or with a 6ft dish you can get Repretel (canal 11 and sometimes canal 6 ).
My understanding is that Teletica is open right now but I am sure that will change soon.......

DMC in Dallas, Georgia.:cool:

Pura vida mae! Mi esposa es Tica y soy gringo. Tico at heart though. Thanks for the dish info. Unfortunately, I don't think such a large dish would fit in my townhouse's little backyard. I also don't know if I have the electronic savy to set up the satellite either although I would love to set one up. It would make us the envy of the Tico community here, and I imagine all the Ticos parties would move to our place. I hope that someway, somehow another Central American channel rises from the ashes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)