Dish TV Price?

$44.99 (For America's top 120 PLUS which includes the regional sports networks that service your area) + Tax is what you can expect your bill to be. Subtract $15/mo for the first 12 months for your new subscriber promotion. That is the absolute answer given your responses. :)

OOPS!!! Dish Network does NOT carry YES network at this time. It might on some far future date when Charlie and the current owners of YES are DEAD, but not now and not soon. :) Dish does carry MSG.

Enjoy!

$44.99 (For America's top 120 PLUS which includes the regional sports networks that service your area) + Tax is what you can expect your bill to be. Subtract $15/mo for the first 12 months for your new subscriber promotion. That is the absolute answer given your responses. :)

OOPS!!! Dish Network does NOT carry YES network at this time. It might on some far future date when Charlie and the current owners of YES are DEAD, but not now and not soon. :) Dish does carry MSG.

Enjoy!
He could get YES with D*. But Its going to cost him $58.99 per month Plus Tax.

Much of this presumes that DISH Network (or DIRECTV) is even available to the OP.

The all-important step of investigating whether an installation is possible hasn't been done yet.

The OP needs to talk to the powers that be about whether it is allowed as, in many similar situations, it has to be done though the property manager.

I think there may be some confusion about locals. AT 120 @ $39.00 (reg. price) includes locals.

My bad. I was going off of old pricing schemes where locals were additional. One of the problems when you have been trying to keep up with the ever-changing and confusing price changes for the last 14 years. :)

I talked with the support and my address according to them says its available in my area. Is that enough?

Depends on which way you are facing (you need to be able to see the southern sky), are there trees in the way? How about buildings?

If you have a balcony or patio that faces south, you are okay as long as there aren't tall buildings between you and the southern sky. If your balcony faces north, you may not be able to get your dish installed because it has no clear view of the satellites.

All Dish and DirecTV satellites are parked 22,300 miles directly over the Earth's equator. Dish's "regular" set up for NYC customers has the satellites at 61.5°, 72.7°, and 77° degrees west Longitude (almost directly south and quite high in the sky). There is an alternative if you don't want HD (and you already said you don't) and that is their 119°/110° WL location which is southwest of you and lower on the horizon.

I pay $0.41/mo. tax. I dunno if it is county or state or what but a tax is a tax. Check your bill because I think it is CA satellite tax but I'm not sure.
OK. I pay the same. The tax is only on the lease fee. I thought you were paying something similar to what Hemi was paying. He was paying about $4 in taxes

Can't be for the lease fee as I do not lease anything. I'm almost sure it is CA Satellite Tax.
For me it is a tax on the lease fee.

attachment.php

The right column are taxes. The only thing that is taxed is the leased receiver.

If you have a balcony or patio that faces south, you are okay as long as there aren't tall buildings between you and the southern sky. If your balcony faces north, you may not be able to get your dish installed because it has no clear view of the satellites.

All Dish and DirecTV satellites are parked 22,300 miles directly over the Earth's equator. Dish's "regular" set up for NYC customers has the satellites at 61.5°, 72.7°, and 77° degrees west Longitude (almost directly south and quite high in the sky). There is an alternative if you don't want HD (and you already said you don't) and that is their 119°/110° WL location which is southwest of you and lower on the horizon.

In my soon-to-be condo complex, we saw another unit that had a dish on some kind of pole on the balcony. I thought I was going to be stuck with UVerse or cable because of facing north, but if all they need to do is install some kind of pole to make the dish see over the building, shouldn't be a problem?

It won't be a "standard" installation if they do that, but yes, if you are ALLOWED by the condo rules to do that, you should be okay. You will probably have to pay for the special installation.

The condo association cannot restrict you from putting a dish on your personal use area like a patio or balcony, but it can have rules that govern installations that stick out of your area or require permanent attachment to outer walls or railings

I would call a reputable local Dish dealer rather than Dish Network itself to get these types of questions answered, You can get a site survey done by the people who sell you the product.

HEY CLAUDE... Do you have installers in NYC? (www.dishstore.net)

OK. I pay the same. The tax is only on the lease fee. I thought you were paying something similar to what Hemi was paying. He was paying about $4 in taxes
The State of PA. has a 6% sales tax. On everthing but food and clothes. Resturant food is taxed too.
But some states have sales tax and Satellite Tax.
We Just have sales tax.
So for Every $100 I have to pay $6 more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts