Dish TV spying on customer?

So if Dish is only collecting general information, why is my TV taken over for an hour or so each da

• Spying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actually updating

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Sandy G.

Original poster
Aug 23, 2019
New Alexandria,Pa
I would like to know just what kind of daily update my Dish TV needs every day? It goes off for an hour or so each night. DirectTv never did anything like this. Why so long, and every day?????

I thought Hoppers rebooted each night just to clear their cache, so to speak, and reduce operating glitches.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

DISH receivers have done a daily reboot for perhaps 10 years or more now. That it takes an hour is unusual. If you're receiver was recently installed, it may take longer than normal as the receiver gets everything set up. This is similar to the DIRECTV DVRs taking a few days to get all of their guide data straight and features (OOH streaming, OTA tuner support, etc.) enabled.

If you're typically watching TV at 3am, you may be able to change the maintenance time (depending on the receiver) to a time better suited to your household's schedule.

A bad or failing receiver can sometimes go into a boot loop where it just keeps rebooting over and over. If its doing this you may want to get the receiver replaced before it just keeps rebooting forever and your stuck with no tele. Thats the only thing that I could think of that would make it last an hour. Or perhaps your dish needs realigning but you would know as you would be missing channels or having an unusual amount of breakup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts