This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH TV2 & PC Connect

mpinelli

Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Hi There --- new mwmbwe neding help.

Installed Dish TV & want to make PC TV 2. Have newer Dell, dual-core , tv ready w/dvr and coaxial connect. Cannot get media center to display -- tells me "the decoder is in use by another application."

Dish tech support useless;Dish installers less than useless; Dell worked hard, but couldn't get it. Any ideas? Thanks.
mpinelli

tells me "the decoder is in use by another application."

Dish tech support useless;Dish installers less than useless; Dell worked hard, but couldn't get it. Any ideas? Thanks.
mpinelli

You got a problem with the computer so the Dell support is the one to help you.
The problem you going to have with DishTV2 is you cannot control it from IR.

problem?

is the problem that you can't get your pc to the correct channel?? (ch 60 or 73 usually) what type of receiver did you have installed?

I googled your error and saw where somebody said they installed an update and it fixed it. They didn't say what update it was though. Here is a link to what I found.

Media Center: Video decoder is in use by another application... - microsoft.public.windowsmedia | Google Groups

I think I would do a Windows update and also check on the Dell support website for any driver updates. Maybe you can join that forum and send the person a message and see what they updated. It looks like it is a fairly recent thread.

No, I cannot set the channel. The control on the media center display will only let me adjust the volume, so i don't have any idea on what channel the receiver is set. The pc receiver is standard for Windows XP

i would move the reciever into the room with the pc, as already mentioned even when you get a picture, you arent going to be able to control it through the computer since the tv2 side uses a uhf remote