DISH TV2 & PC Connect

mpinelli

Original poster
Nov 21, 2007
Hi There --- new mwmbwe neding help.

Installed Dish TV & want to make PC TV 2. Have newer Dell, dual-core , tv ready w/dvr and coaxial connect. Cannot get media center to display -- tells me "the decoder is in use by another application."

Dish tech support useless;Dish installers less than useless; Dell worked hard, but couldn't get it. Any ideas? Thanks.
mpinelli

tells me "the decoder is in use by another application."

Dish tech support useless;Dish installers less than useless; Dell worked hard, but couldn't get it. Any ideas? Thanks.
mpinelli

You got a problem with the computer so the Dell support is the one to help you.
The problem you going to have with DishTV2 is you cannot control it from IR.

I googled your error and saw where somebody said they installed an update and it fixed it. They didn't say what update it was though. Here is a link to what I found.

Media Center: Video decoder is in use by another application... - microsoft.public.windowsmedia | Google Groups

I think I would do a Windows update and also check on the Dell support website for any driver updates. Maybe you can join that forum and send the person a message and see what they updated. It looks like it is a fairly recent thread.

No, I cannot set the channel. The control on the media center display will only let me adjust the volume, so i don't have any idea on what channel the receiver is set. The pc receiver is standard for Windows XP

i would move the reciever into the room with the pc, as already mentioned even when you get a picture, you arent going to be able to control it through the computer since the tv2 side uses a uhf remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)