Missing Channels on TV2 on VIP722k

DataWave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
So we noticed the orther day on our VIP722k some channels were missing. I chalked it up to either dish dropping channels, or contract dispute type thing. But today we noticed that the small # of channels missing were only missing on TV2 of our VIP722k, but show on TV1 (1 particular channel is 82, shows on tv1 but not tv2). Anyone ever see something like this before?

Try pressing the "Guide" buttom until the "List" at the top of the screen says "All Channels".
Did both My Channels and All Channels, not listed. I was just thinking of maybe swapping out the switch thats running to tv2 input, just incase its faulty

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tried swapping out a switch, did a switch test, same thing, swapped sat input cables on the back of the ird over, same thing, TV1 still getting channel 82, TV2 nothing ( and doesnt appear in the All Channels guide either as a missing/avail channel).

If guide is set to all channels only other thing I can think of is to check the hide sd duplicate setting. It shouldn't cause your issue but it's worth a try. On your remote press menu>8>1 then see if hd only or hd and sd is selected. If it's set to hd only then change it to hd and sd and see if that changes anything. Other than that all I can suggest is a reset, which I'm sure you've already tried.

Are you in single or dual mode? If you are in dual mode, switch to single and see if TV2 shows channel 82.
put it in single mode and channel 82 appeared on tv 2. Switched back to dual mode, gone again. I did log into my account to resend the refresh signal down but nothing happened on my screen.