Dish, TWC Next for MSNBCHD

CV in NYC/LI has TCM-HD. Granted, right now only a small number of movies are in HD but that will undoubtedly grow; besides, reportedly, even those not in HD look quite a bit better than on the SD channel.

Of course there are numerous complaints about the quality of the HD on that system, almost certainly due to the large number of HD channels CV carries. Regardless, if the Dolans weren't so obstinate and carried BBCA they'd probably have quite a few more subscribers (including me).

Ahh Amy Robach in HD. :D

Image8.jpg

I need to borrow your tuner...... mine does not seem to pickup that channel way down here in Alabama.:D

We have Charter here. I think you can only pickup local hd off of qam tuner. Hell, come to think of it , Charter only has a handfull of hd channels anyway.

A lot of the channels off the qam on TWC, move around at times, because I believe that is the way they handle their compression and bandwidth. ESPNU-HD is pretty realiable in one or two channel slots at channel 1 or 85.something.

Actually there so far there hasn't been really alot I want to watch off it either. Perhaps college football season will change that.

MSNBC HD should be on tomorrow afternoon. :)
Big deal, MSNBC HD showed up on my cable system on 6/30, although guide info wasn't available until the next day. I've already had other similar channels like CNN HD, CNBC HD, Fox News HD, and Fox Business News HD on cable for awhile, so I don't know why we need yet another similar HD channel.

Big deal, MSNBC HD showed up on my cable system on 6/30, although guide info wasn't available until the next day. I've already had other similar channels like CNN HD, CNBC HD, Fox News HD, and Fox Business News HD on cable for awhile, so I don't know why we need yet another similar HD channel.
Because I want it!!;)

News reporting isn't all the same. Of course if you never watch, you would not know that.

I hope so, but not holding my breath. I've been disappointed so many times by Dish; so another delay would not be unexpected.

Remember this is already the delayed date. Originally, it was to be added to Dish on June 29th.

Remember this is already the delayed date. Originally, it was to be added to Dish on June 29th.
What's a few days when Charlie is so good to us with HD!? Still waiting for my local NBC HD channel. Charlie has been "in negotiations" for over two years now, so a week delay is peanuts. I just hope they can hammer out a deal before August 31st when the contract expires. It could be we lose NBC altogether.

A news clip from the local paper(Press & Sun_Bulletin) in Binghamton, NY

REGION Time Warner Cable said Tuesday its regional lineup will surpass 100 high-definition channels this week with the addition of MSNBC HD and Smithsonian HD On Demand on Tuesday and TCM (Turner Classic Movies) HD and HLN (Headline News) HD on Thursday.
The company's local news channel, News 10 Now, and its Time Warner Cable Sports network are slated to launch in HD soon.
Customers with digital cable can get the HD channels for no additional charge. The company said it has added more than 50 new HD channels since January. A growing number of customers with HD sets helped spur the increase in HD channels.

I didn't realize Headline News was going HD this soon.

A news clip from the local paper(Press & Sun_Bulletin) in Binghamton, NY

REGION Time Warner Cable said Tuesday its regional lineup will surpass 100 high-definition channels this week with the addition of MSNBC HD and Smithsonian HD On Demand on Tuesday and TCM (Turner Classic Movies) HD and HLN (Headline News) HD on Thursday.
The company's local news channel, News 10 Now, and its Time Warner Cable Sports network are slated to launch in HD soon.
Customers with digital cable can get the HD channels for no additional charge. The company said it has added more than 50 new HD channels since January. A growing number of customers with HD sets helped spur the increase in HD channels.

I didn't realize Headline News was going HD this soon.

So it looks like the new Turner mux I spoke about is live. TCM is one of the most awaited channels. TruTV HD is supposed to be up there now, too.

As for HLN, I wonder if it will be actual HD, or if it will just be an ESPN News type thing with more 16:9 space being used for text and such. But I'll gladly take Rodin Meade in HD!

So it looks like the new Turner mux I spoke about is live. TCM is one of the most awaited channels. TruTV HD is supposed to be up there now, too.

As for HLN, I wonder if it will be actual HD, or if it will just be an ESPN News type thing with more 16:9 space being used for text and such. But I'll gladly take Rodin Meade in HD!

I don't have TW, but my son does.
TruTV, E!, IFC, G4, Fuse & WE are others that Dish doesn't carry.
Not worth changing for me, the picture quality in my area is terrible for TW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts