Dish UHF remote replacement

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I have a 942 connected to my main TV and the TV2 output connected to my bedroom tv. The UHF remote provided with the 942 works fine for me, but I would prefer to have a remote that is backlight. I loved the Voom remote since it had a light on it. Why don't all remotes have backlights on them???

Anyway, is there a replacement UHF remote available that would work with the 942 and is backlight?

Perhaps there has not been a strong enough demand for them. I know that I can do functions on the remote without looking at it once I own it long enough. I end up having them memorized. Another thing is that it would cost Dish Network more money.

If you have the bucks then try the Pronto 700(hope I got that right) remote. Its a color touchscreen remote that can learn the IR commands from the non-uhf remote. It costs $800-900 but you could also try some of the cheaper learning remotes on the market.

Can you put a device in the battery compartment like you can the other remotes on the Pronto remote to make it UHF?

I just got a MX-1000 learning remote - PC programmable, too. Touch-screen, back light, etc.

It's a basic "fancy" remote, but I got it for $80 NIB, and ya can't beat that with a stick!

I don't believe that any of the universal UHF-capable remotes are compatible with the Dish UHF Pro signals, so you wouldn't be able to use them to control TV2. TV1, sure, but not TV2.

markdl said:
I don't believe that any of the universal UHF-capable remotes are compatible with the Dish UHF Pro signals, so you wouldn't be able to use them to control TV2. TV1, sure, but not TV2.

That is the conclusion I came to as well based on information that I read. I just wish Dish would offer a compatible remote with a backlight. They would not need to include it with the 942, just sell it as a replacement/upgrade. How much extra would it cost to include a backlight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)