Dish UHF remote replacement

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I have a 942 connected to my main TV and the TV2 output connected to my bedroom tv. The UHF remote provided with the 942 works fine for me, but I would prefer to have a remote that is backlight. I loved the Voom remote since it had a light on it. Why don't all remotes have backlights on them???

Anyway, is there a replacement UHF remote available that would work with the 942 and is backlight?

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Perhaps there has not been a strong enough demand for them. I know that I can do functions on the remote without looking at it once I own it long enough. I end up having them memorized. Another thing is that it would cost Dish Network more money.

ken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
If you have the bucks then try the Pronto 700(hope I got that right) remote. Its a color touchscreen remote that can learn the IR commands from the non-uhf remote. It costs $800-900 but you could also try some of the cheaper learning remotes on the market.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Can you put a device in the battery compartment like you can the other remotes on the Pronto remote to make it UHF?

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
I just got a MX-1000 learning remote - PC programmable, too. Touch-screen, back light, etc.

It's a basic "fancy" remote, but I got it for $80 NIB, and ya can't beat that with a stick!

markdl

Sep 8, 2003
I don't believe that any of the universal UHF-capable remotes are compatible with the Dish UHF Pro signals, so you wouldn't be able to use them to control TV2. TV1, sure, but not TV2.

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
markdl said:
I don't believe that any of the universal UHF-capable remotes are compatible with the Dish UHF Pro signals, so you wouldn't be able to use them to control TV2. TV1, sure, but not TV2.

That is the conclusion I came to as well based on information that I read. I just wish Dish would offer a compatible remote with a backlight. They would not need to include it with the 942, just sell it as a replacement/upgrade. How much extra would it cost to include a backlight?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts