DISH Upgrade Exec Office Can't Even Get It Right!

david803sc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
I have a DISH 500 for 119 & 110 and a DISH 300 for 61.5 connected through a DP34 I wanted to upgrade to a DISH 1000+ with a DP44 so I cold get 118.75 so I could get the Charlotte locals in HD, I had subscribed to the HD Platinum Package for the last year and just switched to the DVR Advantage + HD + 2 Premiums.

While talking to a rep at the exec office about my plan he setup a service call to do the upgrade a few days later on the appointment day a rep from a local retailer in Charlotte, NC called CPI showed up but without the equipment which was because the order was placed as a repair not a DISH upgrade.

So another rep at the exec office placed a new order for the upgrade CPI called snd said they everything in stock and could do it right away, but the new ticket went to the local DISH installation office who called me the day after the appointment with them was setup to re-schedule becuase the do not have the equipment in and will not have it in for weeks.

So I asked for the ticket to be transfered to CPI and CPI also tried but no luck, I cannot even get anyone to call me back from the local DISH office, and I wrote ceo@echostar.com and talked to Frank Barcia but he never answers his phone or email, he did call me Friday to tell me he escalated my request to the regional manger and that I should hear form him, but I have never heard from anyone else, and have not been eve able to get back into contact with Frank Barcia.

Meanwhile my SD locals have been turned off, my Guide Data on my OTA locals has been turned off and now my 622 is not recording any of my shows this is jsut horrible service even at the highest level of the company, this is not a good sign for how DISH takes care of it's customers.

David

Frank Barcia e-mail a Regional Manager? Hmm. 1. That must be a new title I'm not aware of, 2. Frankie has to get permission to do that so I dun think so....

I'm glad someone could help, let us know what happens.

Most of the regs here, are here to help. Not to give you pipe dreams.

The exec office just called me back, they obviously read the posts here becuase they were not happy about my posts I explained to them that I was told the local manager was going to call me back, and didn't and apparently Frank had gone out sick, but they did take care of everything got the 100o+ installed but we had a storm yesterday when it was done and the signal is not so great so they are coming out tomorrow to tweak it in the better weather. Plus I got a great deal on upgrading my VIP211 to a VIP622.

Now I have everything completed I am happy again, and hopefully this can be a learning experience for DISH so that no one else has to go through this again.

That's hard to believe... That he would have gone home sick with pneumonia, without first stopping by to climb on the icee roof and replace that dish. It's just so hard to get good help anymore.:D :D :D

Glad you're a happy camper, and hope Frank gets well.:)

EDIT:
Keep the customer informed (and with correct service dates), and they'll be happy.

Well I am glad they finally got back to me and got it all resolved, the person who called me said that the thread was read by the top people at Dish and they were not very happy.

Hey they could hire me I will talk escalated calls, after everything I have been through I don;t think there are many questions i could not answer....

David

That's hard to believe... That he would have gone home sick with pneumonia, without first stopping by to climb on the icee roof and replace that dish. It's just so hard to get good help anymore.:D :D :D

Glad you're a happy camper, and hope Frank gets well.:)

EDIT:
Keep the customer informed (and with correct service dates), and they'll be happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)